SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Does caffeine affect you?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does caffeine affect you? Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I drink two cups in the morning, and one or two in the afternoon. It doesn't really seem to affect me, except that if I drink cup after 6:00 p.m., I won't fall asleep as easily. But I don't feel amped up on caffeine. I am sure I am tolerant of it to some degree.

I do get a headache if I don't have a cup by 10:00 or so in the morning.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I went off all caffeine 18 years ago. Don’t miss it.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I gave up caffeine 3 or 4 years ago. It was making my heart reset 13% of the time. Too much to pass a flight physical. Since I’ve given it up, no symptoms. If I really need to be alert, a few ounces of regular coffee will light me up. I drink decaf and don’t miss real coffee.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s been known to affect me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can drink coffee from breakfast until I turn in at night. Doesn’t affect me in the least

Posts: 462 | Location: Greenfield, IN | Registered: December 29, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I top off my 16oz Ozark Trail travel mug with coffee every morning at 06:30 and sip on it til it's gone. Any more than that and I get a bad gut ache.
It seems to get me in gear for the day.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Before I drank coffee, I drank tea, sweet tea- like God wanted us to drink it..syrupy and good...mmmmm

I was a Chief in the CG. I drank coffee like water.

After that I was a cop who worked nights and drank two large Starbucks on the way into work and a red bull around 0100. Went home at 0700 and slept till noon!

When I had the stroke the brain doc told Mrs. Mike that I neede to cut back on the coffee...she even brought in a teacup to show me the amount I'm allowed to drink now....two a day....

That almost killed me.

I now drink two kuerig "small" cups in a mug in the AM and the same around 1500...still yawn all day long(they say it's from my stroke-but I keep telling them in need more coffee)

I can drink it at night and go right to sleep, no problem.

Mrs. Mike cannot have a coffee/coke/tea after 1200, or she can't sleep that night. (She's weird)

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
Caffeine and OTC pills like No-Doz have no effect on me. It's especially a problem when driving at night. Is there a prescription med for staying awake?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Caffeine and OTC pills like No-Doz have no effect on me. It's especially a problem when driving at night. Is there a prescription med for staying awake?

Yeah, it's amphetamine....but no ones gonna write you a script for that

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

Yeah, it's amphetamine....but no ones gonna write you a script for that

Is there something less potent?

Is it legal to drive on amphetamines?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Caffeine effects me, but regardless how much I take, I don't get any crazy energy or anything even from high dosages. It gives me more of a gentle push rather than a big 'ol shove toward alertness.

I still use it, but only because it's legal versus stronger alternatives. Razz

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I enjoy Sugar Free Red Bull at least twice a week, because I like the taste. I drink a lot of Diet Coke as well.

The only time caffeine affects me, is after Lent. Caffeine is one of the things I give up for Lent. After 46 days with no caffeine, it takes a week or so for me to get my balance back. Drinking caffeine after 7:00 p.m. the first week after Lent, will keep me up all night.

However, throughout the year it really does not affect me. I can drink a Mt. Dew and go right to bed.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
I drink 5-6 cups of strong dark-roast coffee per day. ‘Cuz I like the taste. No other effect.

Pretty much the same here. Except I drink a lot more that 5-6 cups! Probably started when I was working all those 72 hour days in the army. And, often enough, those days were longer.

Not to mention the 60+ hour weeks working at IBM, especially while we were building a house on the weekends. Not to mention I was going to college carrying 4 courses at the time.

I drink coffee because I like it. Strong!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing about coffee that keeps me awake are the trips to the bathroom.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post