SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Colion Noir just debated Bill Maher on HBO
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colion Noir just debated Bill Maher on HBO Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
and won. Never been a fan, at all, but kudos sir. Someone will post the interview from end to end. This is a placeholder.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
How did he "win"?

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Since when does a discussion forum need a placeholder? Were you afraid it was going to fill up and there wouldn't be a spot left? Maybe we need a placeholder for the video of when we colonize Mars. Razz

Just kidding...

It wasn't much of a debate and and more of an interview. I don't know what he "won", Maher wasn't arguing his anti gun position as much as I thought he would have.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly Old Bill was not as large of a douche like he usually is.
He tried to throw a couple traps in there.
Like the one about the Police coming and shooting Colion. He just rolled his eyes, said I am not worried about that and moved on.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:

It wasn't much of a debate and and more of an interview. I don't know what he "won", Maher wasn't arguing his anti gun position as much as I thought he would have.

That's because Maher isn't rabidly anti-gun. He says he's not a "gun-lover," but I don't believe him.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That was stupid. CN wasn't allowed to finish a single thought. That was neither an interview or debate. The only thing I got out of it was a slightly enlarged hatred for BM.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
That was stupid. CN wasn't allowed to finish a single thought. That was neither an interview or debate. The only thing I got out of it was a slightly enlarged hatred for BM.

That's not what I saw, but whatever.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One thing that was clear and evident were all the "Clapping Seals" in the audience when Maher made a comment. Just like typical liberal, progressive, lemmings. (you know who without naming them by party)

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

That's not what I saw, but whatever.

It wasn't that it was done in a confrontational way, more like whatever he was saying he had to be cute about it. "Is a gun show really a show?" that had nothing to do with their conversation. Any one of the topics they barely touched on could have filled an entire interview. Also it annoyed me that CN didn't address the whole guns are like drugs and alcohol comment.

I think Bill Maher thinks he's the smartest person in the room independent of whoever is in the room with him.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cousin Vinnie:
One thing that was clear and evident were all the "Clapping Seals" in the audience when Maher made a comment. Just like typical liberal, progressive, lemmings. (you know who without naming them by party)

Most of that stuff is recorded anyways. I wouldn't read too much into it.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The important part is that there’s a freedom loving minority that blows up the leftist narrative.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I did not know that he went to high school and college and got his law degree here in Houston. Yes, good man to have on our side.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Bill Maher thinks he's the smartest person in the room independent of whoever is in the room with him.

[snarky remark ON].....BM isn't the smartest person in the room even when he's the only one in the room....[/SR OFF]

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Surprisingly civil was Maher and Colion was as articulate as ever. Cool

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I did not know that he went to high school and college and got his law degree here in Houston. Yes, good man to have on our side.
I've been watching him for years, but didn't know he was an attorney. I still like him Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

I was watching his videos before he got so popular and knew he was local. He was a good choice for the NRA to utilize for many reasons. I didn’t see any “winning” in this interview, I actually think he could have done more to refute some of BM’s points.

Posts: 4107 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I knew he was an attorney but I don't know how much he practices or if that is a source of income.

Posts: 22907 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
I do admire Mr Noir's perspective and thought processes. Bill was his usual court jester self but more intimidated by a true one on one with an intellectual rather than the usual four on one. There are some points I would have wanted to drive home with spite, but that is why Colion is a classier guy than I am.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
I knew he was an attorney but I don't know how much he practices or if that is a source of income.

He's active and it's his main revenue stream.

Noir is a shining star amongst the advocacy figures for gun-rights. His mere presence flips the anti's impression/stereotype of gun owners on their head, because of this, he's not invited or, extended the invitation to many gun debates. Besides being a minority, he's articulate, relatively young, an attorney, understands urban culture and is a staunch defender of the 2AM-all traits that debate/interview forums have a hard time wrapping their heads around.

Maher was surprisingly generous in providing air time for Noir to speak, still too short but, it's a start. Nevertheless, Maher is a court jester, and not the kind that is allowed to speak truthful humor to the king but, the drunken, debaucherous, ass-type of jester.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Personally, I think that's exactly the kind of interaction we need more of. Maher shut nothing down, and unlike his usual behavior, he didn't berate or malign CN. and CN's last comment at segment end was absolutely perfect to refute Maher's racism bating question. Well done by Mr. Noir.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post