SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military Surplus German Police Leather Jacket
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Surplus German Police Leather Jacket Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
My Large arrived today. This one was used but still not bad shape. Spieth & Wensky 12/95

Lettering came off but half way through the "I" the Acetone ran out. Being a rainy night and I refuse to go back to the store I used some Hoppe's Blast and Shine. Followed up with some Harley Davidson Leather Protector. Like others said there is still a faint imprint left behind of the lettering.

Fits better but still on the fence about keeping the XL also.I like to layer for cold weather riding. If I decide not to keep it I'll sell it in the Classifieds instead of returning it.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I got a large and it's a bit roomy for my 5'11" 190 lb pretty normal build. The sleeves and body length are good, but the shoulder room is massive, as well as the chest. The sleeves are also large, I can don it without unzipping the sleeves. It's like it was custom tailored for a body builder.

It is a Beckumer size 50. The condition is near new, with only the fabric collar protector showing wear and pilling. I suspect a more used collar protector was added to a less worn jacket. The color is more of very dark brown instead of black. The letters on the back came off easily with slight warming with a hair dryer, leaving faint letter impressions.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
My Large arrived today. This one was used but still not bad shape. Spieth & Wensky 12/95

Lettering came off but half way through the "I" the Acetone ran out. Being a rainy night and I refuse to go back to the store I used some Hoppe's Blast and Shine. Followed up with some Harley Davidson Leather Protector. Like others said there is still a faint imprint left behind of the lettering.

Fits better but still on the fence about keeping the XL also.I like to layer for cold weather riding. If I decide not to keep it I'll sell it in the Classifieds instead of returning it.

I definitely interested in your XL. I was traveling and delayed placing my order so that the shipment would arrive after I returned home and missed out as they were Out of Stock on XL's.... Frown

Let me know if you decide to sell. Thanks Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8788 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
After my XL arrived and I saw how nice it was I ordered another in Large since XL was sold out.
It arrived today and is in new condition, It will go to my Son.

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

I definitely interested in your XL. I was traveling and delayed placing my order so that the shipment would arrive after I returned home and missed out as they were Out of Stock on XL's.... Frown

Let me know if you decide to sell. Thanks Cool

I'll let you know by the end of the weekend. I did get your email also.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Looking like a good chilly weekend to try this bad boy out here in NY.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I received mine today, I can't tell that it's ever been worn. Also in the box from Midway is a JP industries A2 sight with adjustable gas block! Now I can tune my suppressed Colt while keeping warm!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
I ordered a second one. Glad I did. It arrived this morning. It's in new condition. I was able to carefully peel the letters off in less than 5 minutes. I had to use acetone and some elbow grease to remove the letters from the first one I bought.

Was going to spring for a third one as a gift for my Dad, but the price went back up to $120......Still worth it at that price, but I think I'll be content with the two I got for $80 each. I'll probably give him one of mine. I have to figure out whether I like the jacket with a little patina or the new one better. I really like them both!

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just because this was such a terrific deal and in great shape, I ordered one of their surplus Swiss camo field jackets. I looked at reviews, decided to order because cheap. Mistake. Old, smells musty, sleeves are 3/4 length, heavy, camo is obnoxious. Just a head's up if you were thinking all this surplus stuff is terrific.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Just because this was such a terrific deal and in great shape, I ordered one of their surplus Swiss camo field jackets. I looked at reviews, decided to order because cheap. Mistake. Old, smells musty, sleeves are 3/4 length, heavy, camo is obnoxious. Just a head's up if you were thinking all this surplus stuff is terrific.

Thanks, I was looking at that as being a good winter hunting jacket.

On second thought, the smell may attract a buck. Eek

In the past, you could find some of these at the gun shows.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALG
posted Hide Post
Hello all ,I’m new here just want to get in on the conversation about the surplus German leather jackets ,I’m a small fellow 5’10” 150 pounds I really wanted a medium every place only had large , I was afraid if I waited for someplace to get a medium in stock I would miss out on these jackets. And I really would like to have one so I got the large, I’ve watched videos online of people shrinking leather jackets has anyone tried to shrink or alter one of these jackets,Any information I can get would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 25, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ALG:
Hello all ,I’m new here just want to get in on the conversation about the surplus German leather jackets ,I’m a small fellow 5’10” 150 pounds I really wanted a medium every place only had large , I was afraid if I waited for someplace to get a medium in stock I would miss out on these jackets. And I really would like to have one so I got the large, I’ve watched videos online of people shrinking leather jackets has anyone tried to shrink or alter one of these jackets,Any information I can get would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you

First « Welcome » to the Forum. Secondly, this thread is almost one year old, so you may only get a little feedback. Thirdly, because you have a more specific question (shrinking a leather jacket) you may get better traction starting your own specific thread - Anyone purposefully shrink a leather jacket? Or just shrink leather?

Lastly, this will bump you back to the top for more eyes to garner and you may get your questioned answered. Good luck, and, again, welcome.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ALG
posted Hide Post
I think you ,and appreciate the advice you’re probably right now that I look at the age on some of these posts they are old , But this is the only forum I could fine pacifically for these jackets,I guess you’re right I should probably start a new thread thanks again

Posts: 4 | Registered: August 25, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post