SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military Surplus German Police Leather Jacket
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Surplus German Police Leather Jacket Login/Join 
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
Got my Medium today. Looks new. I'm 5'9" 165 lbs and it's a perfect fit. It is definitely NOT light weight! I was thinking the Polizie on the back was patches, but the letters are reflective decals and it looks like they can be peeled off.

Edit: I just weighed it with my luggage scale and it's 5.14 lb.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tooky13,

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys, I live in South Florida and I just bought a jacket! I knew i shouldn't have opened this post!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I’ve now bought 3. An XL that is a hair large for me, a large for my brother, and another large that I’ll be keeping. The XL and one L are in nearly new condition with no obvious signs of wear. The L I’ll be keeping has...character. This one, despite being the newest of the three (2003) was obviously issued to someone who liked leather jackets and didn’t hang them when he took them off. The collar is curled. One pocket lining will need to be sewn. The zipper pull needs replacing. The leather is sound, but that jacket has been to hell.

I love it.

Also, if anyone is wondering, acetone and elbow grease will remove the POLIZEI reflective tape without issue. I’m going to leave it in the XL, but I figured since the L was beat I’d give it a try. I swiped a pack of my wife’s cotton rounds that she uses to remove makeup and used them to wet the tape down and scrub it off. Hit the jacket with some mink oil when I was done to replace the oil stripped by the acetone and you can’t see any difference in color. You can see the POLIZEI still if you look for it, but it’s like a faint impression in the leather. I’m not sure anyone not looking for it would notice.

These jackets are an absolute steal. The L I’m giving my brother is from 1996 and looks new. It’s a different maker than the other two and the leather is thinner. More like a bomber jacket than a motorcycle jacket. It’s still obviously quality leather, just worth mentioning that there are variations in what you might get.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mine is from 1996.

Anyone else try removing the letters on the back?

If I can remove it, I’d be allowed to wear it on duty as long as I blacked out the patch or remove that too.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Arrived today.
VG throughout.
I in POLIZEI is worn off.
Heavy duty with minimal signs of wear.
Would look good while ridung a K1600GTL with an HK 91 across the chest and a P226 in the internal pocket.
Get one if you like HD leather apparel.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Mine is from 1996.

Anyone else try removing the letters on the back?

If I can remove it, I’d be allowed to wear it on duty as long as I blacked out the patch or remove that too.

I removed them off mine by carefully lifting the corner of each letter and peeling them off. No chemicals or effort required. Took about 10 minutes. Leaves a faint impression that you can see if you look closely.

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Got mine today. Ordered the Large. I'm 5'9" 175 lbs. 33-34 arm length, 42R. It is a hair long on the sleeves but perfect for motorcycle riding.

My neighbor tried it on and the shoulder fit was a little better for him 44R, but he has shorter arm length, 32 and it was a bit too long even with arms raised....

I'm very happy with the quality. Will peel off the letters on the back, but might leave the patch.

Might pick up one more

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived today as well. Perfect fit for me in an XL. Enough room in the shoulders chest and waist. Appears to be unissued. The tag was cut from the collar leaving two small holes. No musty smell at all. Letters on back came off easily enough. Money well spent. Thanks OP. No more XL’s available.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: apf383,

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7508 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Just finished removing letters on the back. 15-20 minutes using acetone and frequently changed paper towels. I tried to simply peel the letters, but I was scratching the leather surface. You can still see Polizei on the back, but it shows up more in the picture than in person. I think you would have to tell someone before they would see it. Will add some Color Plus leather treatment and let it sit a bit. Good deal for $80. Thanks for the heads up.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
My XL arrived today, looks brand new.
GREAT deal, thanks for posting!

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine showed up today too.
Grade B, XL, size 54, from Spieth & Wensky, 6/1996.
Can't imagine what a Grade A would be like.
Excellent/new condition, fits really well, totally happy with the purchase especially at the $79.99 sale price!
Thanks OP!!

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
I may have to spring for one.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Wish I could get in on this, just don’t have the budget for it. Frown

Posts: 12180 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
How did some of you get free shipping?

Posts: 7457 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Went to order another XL for my Son, Unavailable!

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My large arrived late Friday afternoon. No label, so no maker/size info. It's in VG+/Exe. condition!

No rips, tears, odor or seam/zipper/snap damage. The only discernible wear is extremely light abrasion
at the rear collar neck fold and on the front edge of the sleeves. Wear is minimal (you have to look
closely for it)! The lower left corner of the 'E' has pealed off. Who cares; I'm removing these anyway.

I'm 73-1/2" tall and weigh 195 lbs. The L size fits me extremely well and the sleeve length is fine.
As others have said -- these are very well made, heavy leather jackets with years of life remaining!

I wanted to buy an XL for my shooting buddy, but only the L size remains in Midway stock.

------------------------------------------------------------
"I have resolved to fight as long as Marse Robert has a corporal's guard, or until he says give up. He is the man I shall follow or die in the attempt."

Feb. 27, 1865 Letter by Sgt. Henry P. Fortson 'B' Co. 31st GA Vol. Inf.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Coastal NC | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I also ordered a Large. They are getting low on them.

The free shipping was a one day (last Saturday) thing, I asked that when I ordered it Thursday. I paid almost twelve dollars for shipping, still a good price.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8104 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my large on Saturday. It appears to be unissued.

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
All the reports of long/too long sleeves got my hopes up. I figured I'd gamble, knowing better really, no euorpean surplus anything I've ever bought was long enough. Oh well.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just pulled the trigger on a large and got free shipping.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post