SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military Surplus German Police Leather Jacket
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Surplus German Police Leather Jacket Login/Join 
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Just ordered one.
Price reduced to $79.99 with free shipping.
Sounds like a good deal.
Thanks to OP and reviewers.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Those that bought one, what's the sizing like?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pyker,

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one. I went with an XL as when I'm on the bike I need to layer at this time of year.

I almost ordered it yesterday when the price was $119.99, glad I procrastinated until today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
On the fence at 120 but admittedly a good deal. Love it for 80 with an xl on the way. Thanks

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a large. It was fairly loose in the girth, perhaps that was for LEOs wearing ballistic vests. Also the arms were quite short.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Geez, why did I reopen this thread?

Ordered an XL.

Those that got theirs already, you think it will be warm enough for Ohio winters? I only plan on wearing it back and forth to work.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping that I didn't screw up but I ordered an XL because my wife said European sizes run a bit smaller. I need to layer clothing underneath when riding at this time of year. 5'10" 175# and 33-34 sleeve length.

————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
I'm hoping that I didn't screw up but I ordered an XL because my wife said European sizes run a bit smaller. I need to layer clothing underneath when riding at this time of year. 5'10" 175# and 33-34 sleeve length.
You're close to my size (5'11"/160 pounds). I ordered a Large, and with my arms by my side, the sleeves come down to just above my knuckles-perfect for riding. The bottom is even with my hip joints. The shoulders are perfect and the torso nicely loose (square-cut).

Posts: 5755 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Geez, why did I reopen this thread?

Ordered an XL.

Ditto!
Big Grin

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded

Posts: 368 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
I bought an XL for $120 and I gotta say, I definitely LOVE this jacket....At $80 I might buy a second one! Wink

I received a Euro Size 54 made by Spieth & Wensky and it's a REALLY Nice jacket! It's pretty damn heavy w/ nice HD metal zippers, smells like leather and basically just broken in. The 'Polizei' on the back is completely intact (actually shows a very minor scuff that's invisible except when reflecting strong light at just the right angle), and the NRW patch on the arm looks awesome on my new favorite jacket! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by msfzoe:
Just ordered one.
Price reduced to $79.99 with free shipping.
Sounds like a good deal.
Thanks to OP and reviewers.

I'll be styling wearing this jacket and either my German P225, P6 or P226.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Definitely the P226 for me. Too bad I can't actually, you know, carry.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
I bought an XL for $120 and I gotta say, I definitely LOVE this jacket....At $80 I might buy a second one! Wink

I received a Euro Size 54 made by Spieth & Wensky and it's a REALLY Nice jacket! It's pretty damn heavy w/ nice HD metal zippers, smells like leather and basically just broken in. The 'Polizei' on the back is completely intact (actually shows a very minor scuff that's invisible except when reflecting strong light at just the right angle), and the NRW patch on the arm looks awesome on my new favorite jacket! Cool
Same here. I must have ordered mine a day before they went on sale. Frown

Mine is far from "new / unissued". The lining is stained, tattered and frayed in places. Oh well, that falls within the description of Grade 2.

On the plus side, the leather does look very good, the zippers and snaps all work fine. So it wasn't a terrible deal. Sure would feel a lot better if I had paid $40 less! Big Grin

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2079 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I ordered an XL and it is in excellent shape. It's just a bit longer and looser than I'd prefer, but its a superb quality jacket. I've ordered a Large as a gift for my brother and when they went on sale I ordered a Large for myself as well. I'll use the XL to layer in the winter. I felt like it was a great deal at $119. At $79 its an absolute steal.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:
I ordered an XL and it is in excellent shape. It's just a bit longer and looser than I'd prefer, but its a superb quality jacket. I've ordered a Large as a gift for my brother and when they went on sale I ordered a Large for myself as well. I'll use the XL to layer in the winter. I felt like it was a great deal at $119. At $79 its an absolute steal.

copaup, I'm 5'10" 235lbs. and ordered an XL as will, do you suppose this sizing be OK for me?

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I’m also 5’10” 235.

It’s going to depend on a few factors. Some are your actual measurements, and some are the fact that these jackets are contracted from different makers and didn’t originally come in XL. They came in measured sizes. I wear a 46R sport coat. This XL fits like a 48L. For the one you ordered, I’d expect it will either fit fine, or be just a bit loose. Mine will be great to layer. I just figured for the sale price I’d order a large for my brother and another large for me. If it fits better than the XL, I’ll keep it. If not one of my friends will get a pretty cool Christmas gift.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Great, thanks for the info. It should arrive friday. Cant wait!

Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Size large scheduled for delivery on 10/25.
Will advise when it arrives.

posted Hide Post
Got my XL today. Mfg date 2003. Beckumer Leder.
Looks to be unissued.

Sizewise, a bit long in the sleeve. Shoulders good. With a sweatshirt under still have room in the chest and arms.

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My XL also arrived today. 12/95 date on label. Looks to be unissued. A little roomy for layering. Sleeves a little long. Feels great.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8020 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post