SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military Surplus German Police Leather Jacket
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military Surplus German Police Leather Jacket Login/Join 
posted
I've saw these type jackets in the movies for years and always thought they looked pretty cool...anyone ever owned one? Thinking about getting one for motorcycle riding but they would also be the perfect compliment to a German Sig.

https://ads.midwayusa.com/product/1918148815

German Jacket

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I agree. I've always thought they were pretty cool, too. Not certain about the patch, though...

Hmmm... Hit the page and get "We're sorry, we were unable to load data for this product. Please try refreshing the page. If this issue persists, please try again later." Size selector not working. Only have Grade 2 available. Not sure about that, either.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Berlin
Correspondent
Picture of BansheeOne
posted Hide Post
FWIW, the patch shows the North Rhine-Westphalia state crest. If it's the "Polizei" lettering you don't know about, that's kinda moot given the back of the jacket.

Posts: 2412 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: April 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read some of the comments and grade 2 can be almost new or could need a little sewing and looks like the letting on back comes off pretty easily

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
I read some of the comments and grade 2 can be almost new or could need a little sewing and looks like the letting on back comes off pretty easily
Thanks for the notice. I ordered one. Anything smaller than Large seems to be sold out.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
I have one, they're bulkier than they look like in the photo (at least to me). Mine is almost new.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the longer style leather, especially on a scooter.

https://www.intapol.com/police...r-nypd-highway-coat/

But my personal choice, and probably because of my job, and easier for me to get is one of our leather jackets:

https://taylorsleatherwear.com...eather-police-jacket

I had mine custom made. The front pockets are for show only and don't hold anything, so I had one of our uniform shops cut "bomber" style pockets in the front. Don't worry, there's 5 pockets on the inside which holds more than enough stuff.

Kinda like these pockets-

The real ones are expensive, but well worth the money. It takes a while to break them it. But nothing fits like it!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SummersAtTheLake:
.....Thinking about getting one for motorcycle riding......

I dunno be careful. Traditional cut jackets, such as this appears to be, don't work so well as motorcycle jackets. Consider that when riding a motorcycle (vs walking) you're seated knees up, leaned forward a bit (or a lot), with arms outstretched to the handlebars, so riding with a traditional jacket your armpit area tends to get pinched and the sleeves ride up, the front skirt bunches up, and the tail of the skirt rides up exposing your lower back. That's why just walking around in a true motorcycle jacket it appears to not fit right because sleeves are too long, the cut is made for arms forward, and the rear is long relative to the front. Cool jacket though.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is there any treatment or preservative necessary for leather jackets?

I have read various discussions about leather slings - both new and mil. surp. - and have seen it recommended to be cautious in using products like Pecards because they actually break down the fibers in the leather. I don't know so I figured I'd ask here seeing as I just purchased one of these jackets that, until I read this thread, I didn't realize it was something I couldn't live without. Smile

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
I might buy one, but the website won't show me the available sizes nor let me add one to my cart.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
I might buy one, but the website won't show me the available sizes nor let me add one to my cart.

Disable your AdBlocker and it will work fine after that.... Wink

ETA:The original link provided by the OP was likely from an ad/email, etc as it has 'ads' in the url.

If you replace the 'ads' in the url with 'www' (or just navigate/find the product on the MidusaUSA website manually) the page will display with normal functionality w/o disabling you AdBlocker.... Cool

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1918148815

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhracecraft,

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

https://www.intapol.com/police...r-nypd-highway-coat/

But my personal choice, and probably because of my job, and easier for me to get is one of our leather jackets:

I had mine custom made. The front pockets are for show only and don't hold anything, so I had one of our uniform shops cut "bomber" style pockets in the front. Don't worry, there's 5 pockets on the inside which holds more than enough stuff.

Kinda like these pockets-

The real ones are expensive, but well worth the money. It takes a while to break them it. But nothing fits like it!

I wonder if these are Nates quality or JVC quality.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
I got my jacket in today, and it's in fantastic shape. It's clean, no apparent tears/seam issues/stains, and there is no odor other than leather. The patch is there, and the lettering on the back is free of cracks and abrasion. The jacket is supple, with no age cracks, so they have clearly been cared for.

There is an inner pocket with the label. I presume the manufacturer is Nikator, and I guess a model number. I also presume the wearer's name (Lucking) was hand-written, plus SB VII (guessing a unit, and Pw?, as well as something illegible. The manufacture is expressed I guess as a range of March '92 to April '92-probably a batch date.

My height is 5'11" and weight is ~160.The size Large jacket fits well in the shoulder, if a little loose in the torso. The sleeves are a bit long, so I do believe they were probably sized for riding motorcycles (I'll try it when cooler). Flexing my arms brings the cuffs back to the wrist. And it weighs several pounds, so it's not a cheap item. The inside has a fabric lining.

I'm very pleased with mine, and this is again the Grade 2. If this is representative of the grading, I'd guess Grade 1 could only be unissued.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Patches look easy to remove?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Same quality.
It’s all cow hide. Stitching is great.

**I think** at VCG on the north side, you can still order them.
Phone first.

(On a side note, how’s everything going?)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have thought about getting one of these...

living in FL just haven't been able to rationalize it Big Grin

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
have thought about getting one of these...

living in FL just haven't been able to rationalize it Big Grin

---------------------------------------

I live in South Texas. As I type this, a norther just hit with some stout winds. After that settles, I can pretty much guarantee if I were riding today, my Hein Gericke textile jacket would need the liner. They're both about as heavy, but the turtle armor in the H-G jacket makes it bulkier.

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Patches look easy to remove?
Yes. One could easily slit the stitching loops from atop the patch with no risk of damaging the jacket itself. The downside is you *might* have noticeable perforations. The reflective lettering removal is detailed in the website reviews. Me, I'm leaving it as-is. Looks damn good with my HK93 Cool

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:

Same quality.
It’s all cow hide. Stitching is great.

**I think** at VCG on the north side, you can still order them.
Phone first.

(On a side note, how’s everything going?)

Life is good. You?

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Just got mine. Like new, high quality, heavy.
No lettering on back. Hope weather turns colder!

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post