SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you like hummus, consider buying Sabra brand
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you like hummus, consider buying Sabra brand Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
I'm going to the grocery store this weekend and I am going to buy some. I've purchased this brand before. It's not inexpensive.

Pro-Palestine students petition college to ban Sabra Hummus from campus
quote:
Students at a Pennsylvania college want to ban a specific brand of hummus from their campus for its ties to the state of Israel.
So, I support the sovereign nation of Israel, and to the supporters of terrorism, I say fuck you very much.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Try the roasted red pepper flavor. With wheat thins.

Posts: 1620 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Their garlic flavored hummus is intensely garlicky.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I've got to stop and pick up a few things on the way home from work today - now I know what I will be snacking on this weekend!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
They're already my hummus of choice but this just gives me a reminder to eat more of it!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Love their olive hummus. Nomnomnomnom

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:

This!...I second that emotion Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:

This!...I second that emotion Smile
And I'll third it! Love the stuff. I'll make sure to add it to the grocery list this week.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAbraHummus is good stuff.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's the brand my wife buys at the commissary. I'm glad to see we are supporting a good company.

Posts: 2014 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Para,

I agree that if one is to buy store hummus, Sabra is the only way to go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Nice, I just happened to have come home shopping w/ one of the pine nut Sabra's.
I think the pine nut is my favorite.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the Supremely Spicy. I just picked up a tub yesterday, & with Mrs. Vinnybass out of town this weekend, it won't likely last very long.

The fact that some anti-Israel pricks get their panties in a twist over it is icing on the cake. Screw 'em.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I will put Sabra on the shopping list. Maybe eat the hummus with matzo crackers, which tend to be bland.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perfect, I'll get some tonight! Thanks for the heads up!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RAEIndustries
posted Hide Post
I love that brand and but it almost exclusively, thank you for letting us know about the whining babies

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com

Posts: 175 | Registered: October 25, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I have some in the fridge and will pick up some more this weekend.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried some of this stuff recently(for the first time) and actually found it quite tasty. Now, i have more incentive to buy again!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
When we buy hummus it's usually Sabra. Now that I know it has ties to Israel we will make it a regular item on the grocery list.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It's very rare for my wife NOT to have 3-4 different flavors of Sabra brand hummus in our fridge. I'm happy to learn that I inadvertently have been supporting our buddies. Smile

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post