SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you like hummus, consider buying Sabra brand
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you like hummus, consider buying Sabra brand Login/Join 
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Sabra is the best!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The quiet druid
Picture of orion5
posted Hide Post
Just bought some this AM, had it this afternoon with the neighbors. Oh, garlic, how I love thee.

o5

Posts: 746 | Location: Roanoke-ish | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I'll get some this weekend.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I usually make my own but was curious about this thread. I’ll buy a bunch. I feel a hummus binge this weekend. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I love posts like this. I want to incorporate “fuck you” to our enemies into everything I do, including consuming hummus.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I always buy Sabra. Didn't even know there was another brand.

Incidentally, "sabra" is a word used to define a Jew born in Israel (or before 1948 in Palestine).

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
I always make my own but I think I will have to buy some Sabra this weekend.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2553 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:
Try the roasted red pepper flavor. With wheat thins.

Yep. Damn good shit washed down with cold beer.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I left a positive comment through their Contact Us on their website encouraging them to keep doing what they are doing. I noted:
quote:
They claim the company once sent care packages to the Israeli Defense Forces.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Yep, the red pepper version is my go-to when I'm looking for anti-Palestinian nutritional intake.

Tasty AND helps send care packages to the IDF. If it came with a free mystery toy, it'd be the perfect meal!

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I’ll give Sabra a try, for Israeli support, but Haig’s brand hummus has the best taste of any commercial hummus that I’ve tried to date. Its nutrition is top-notch, with more dietary fiber and protein than any hummus that I know of. Haig’s also has roasted red pepper, garlic, and spicy varieties, but I like plain the best. Also, it’s Kosher.

Sabra – 28g serving:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fo...-potassium-483856651

Calories: 70
Total fat: 5g
Sat. fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Total carbs: 4g
Dietary fiber: 1g
Protein: 2g

Haig’s plain hummus – 30g serving:
(From container label)
Calories: 80
Total fat: 6g
Sat. fat: 1g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Total carbs: 4g
Dietary fiber: 2g
Protein: 4g

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
P Smoker, what do you think the point of this thread is?

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Sabra is the best. That is all.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Im not a big hummus fan, but i will buy some just ti support them.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
I will get some this weekend. I have bought it in the past and enjoyed it very much. I always cut Pita Bread into wedges and dip it into the hummus, the way I learned to eat it in Greek Town (downtown Detroit) back in the '70s and '80s. I didn't know there was any other way! Big Grin

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Picked some up and some pita chips for snacks this weekend. Red pepper is the way to go guys.

ETA: What a profound post for # 11,000

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
I will have some this weekend.

Thank you for the head's up.

Posts: 5100 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Picked some up and some pita chips for snacks this weekend. Red pepper is the way to go guys.
Nope, garlic is best. Add a few drops of Frank's Hot Sauce.

Try it with some naan.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
P Smoker, what do you think the point of this thread is?

Laughing out loud from the throne as I was thinking, he is missing the point...

I do prefer to make my own but this weekend we will be snacking on Sabra...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Their garlic flavored hummus is intensely garlicky.

If I'm not making it, this is my favorite.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post