SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    If you like hummus, consider buying Sabra brand
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If you like hummus, consider buying Sabra brand Login/Join 
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:
Try the roasted red pepper flavor. With wheat thins.

Yep. Damn good shit washed down with cold beer.

Bells Amber, although Oberon is in season now as well.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9150 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
I’ll try several versions of Sabra next time I hit the store. Maybe I’ll buy some extras to hand out to my kids.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Our whole family of 4 loves their hummus and we are due for a grocery run this weekend. Will be picking some more up even though we still have some in the fridge.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
That is the brand of hummus I buy and will continue to buy.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Love the pine nuts the best, but all are pretty good, I think I have 2 versions in the frig now...but I have to get more pine nut.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5299 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
I am pleased to purchase some just to be politically correct.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Enjoy it nearly every day. Made here in Richmond.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
When I was in college I was more concerned with getting hummers than hummus but Sabra makes good stuff Big Grin

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Bought some more this morning...Roasted Garlic...you know what's really yummy...take a piece of Tillamook Cheddar & strip of bacon, dip it in the Garlic Hummus and chase it with a bite of pickled yellow pepper!!! You're Welcome Wink

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Again, I usually make my own. And if I buy, I usually just get traditional style.

Given that I was going to buy multiples, I decided to walk on the wild side and sample different flavors. I like them all and do like the roasted pepper one. Got some tang. I do add some additional EVOO to it but I've had quite a bunch of Sabra hummus recently Smile

I'll buy some more next time I go to the market.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12712 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan of the pine nuts and red pepper. Will go pick some up next trip.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7069 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Had it for lunch today, the Roasted Garlic, on Israeli Matzoh crackers. Pine Nut flavor is on the list.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Delicious. Pissing off the Trollestinians makes it better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I buy a big tub of Sabra and add a bit of Goya Chipotle... absolute narcotic.

Another interesting thing I found out about hummus, if you wisk a small bit into salad dressing before adding to greens, it makes for an amazing, creamy and interesting mix of spices.

Big Sabra fan.
Also make my own too.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post