SIGforum
If you like hummus, consider buying Sabra brand

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8040041044

April 06, 2018, 02:14 PM
parabellum
If you like hummus, consider buying Sabra brand
I'm going to the grocery store this weekend and I am going to buy some. I've purchased this brand before. It's not inexpensive.

Pro-Palestine students petition college to ban Sabra Hummus from campus
quote:
Students at a Pennsylvania college want to ban a specific brand of hummus from their campus for its ties to the state of Israel.
So, I support the sovereign nation of Israel, and to the supporters of terrorism, I say fuck you very much.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
April 06, 2018, 02:16 PM
rangemaster
Try the roasted red pepper flavor. With wheat thins.
April 06, 2018, 02:18 PM
parabellum
Their garlic flavored hummus is intensely garlicky.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
April 06, 2018, 02:22 PM
BamaJeepster
I've got to stop and pick up a few things on the way home from work today - now I know what I will be snacking on this weekend!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
April 06, 2018, 02:24 PM
lkdr1989
They're already my hummus of choice but this just gives me a reminder to eat more of it!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
April 06, 2018, 02:26 PM
RHINOWSO
Love their olive hummus. Nomnomnomnom
April 06, 2018, 02:26 PM
Bisleyblackhawk
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:

This!...I second that emotion Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
April 06, 2018, 02:29 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by Bisleyblackhawk:
quote:
Originally posted by rangemaster:

This!...I second that emotion Smile
And I'll third it! Love the stuff. I'll make sure to add it to the grocery list this week.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
April 06, 2018, 02:34 PM
newmexican
SAbraHummus is good stuff.
April 06, 2018, 02:38 PM
PossibleZombie
That's the brand my wife buys at the commissary. I'm glad to see we are supporting a good company.
April 06, 2018, 02:40 PM
bald1
Para,

I agree that if one is to buy store hummus, Sabra is the only way to go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
April 06, 2018, 02:42 PM
dsiets
Nice, I just happened to have come home shopping w/ one of the pine nut Sabra's.
I think the pine nut is my favorite.
April 06, 2018, 02:47 PM
vinnybass
I enjoy the Supremely Spicy. I just picked up a tub yesterday, & with Mrs. Vinnybass out of town this weekend, it won't likely last very long.

The fact that some anti-Israel pricks get their panties in a twist over it is icing on the cake. Screw 'em.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."
April 06, 2018, 03:10 PM
mr kablammo
I will put Sabra on the shopping list. Maybe eat the hummus with matzo crackers, which tend to be bland.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
April 06, 2018, 03:10 PM
Outnumbered
Perfect, I'll get some tonight! Thanks for the heads up!
April 06, 2018, 03:14 PM
RAEIndustries
I love that brand and but it almost exclusively, thank you for letting us know about the whining babies

Shawn Rife

www.raeind.com
April 06, 2018, 03:19 PM
mark123
I have some in the fridge and will pick up some more this weekend.
April 06, 2018, 03:21 PM
GT-40DOC
I tried some of this stuff recently(for the first time) and actually found it quite tasty. Now, i have more incentive to buy again!!
April 06, 2018, 03:33 PM
thunderson
When we buy hummus it's usually Sabra. Now that I know it has ties to Israel we will make it a regular item on the grocery list.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown
April 06, 2018, 03:34 PM
Ryanp225
It's very rare for my wife NOT to have 3-4 different flavors of Sabra brand hummus in our fridge. I'm happy to learn that I inadvertently have been supporting our buddies. Smile