SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a new (not leather) belt
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a new (not leather) belt Login/Join 
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:
I vote for the Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor Belt (5-Stitch). In my opinion, the regular 5-Stitch stiffness is good enough. You don't need the CSM polymer liner (which adds $10). I have both. The CSM is a bit thicker due to the lining but it doesn't seem to work any better. I also have a Frequent Flyer but prefer the Original for heavier guns. It might be in my head, but the heavy steel buckle just seems to work better than the plastic rings. I use the Frequent Flyer a lot for lighter guns but if I had to pick one, I'd go with the Original.
Another vote for Wilderness 5 stitch. I had wondered if I should try the poly lining. Thanks for the input.

Their rifle slings are tough as nails too.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7230 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the Wilderness belts I’ve only used the CSM model. They are superb at carrying heavy loads (not just me). I have a SOE non-reinforced Belt, and it feels flimsy in comparison.

Posts: 506 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
I have a Wilderness belt and a few other belts like it. I got tired of the huge buckle.

I looked for a while and ended up with a Maxpedition Liger belt.

https://www.maxpedition.com/co...?variant=31916864081

It comes in a 1.25" width and a 1.5" width.

The material is a very strong polyester fabric that is coated in a tough, flexible polyurethane plastic.

The belt is just flexible enough to be comfortable, but plenty stiff for even a heavy gun.

I'm not sure if hotlinking the image from the store will work. We'll see. This picture has a silver buckle, you can also get a black buckle.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I've looked at the suggestions and just ordered a Wilderness Instructor 5 stitch.

I appreciate the offerings. If I ever wear out my Rafter S shark skin, I'll be back Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post