SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Time for a new (not leather) belt
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Time for a new (not leather) belt Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
I'm too skinny for my current nylon/polyester belt. It's a wonderful problem.

I'm replacing a 5.11 "Trainer Belt". I'm looking for a belt that doesn't slip through the day while supporting a full-sized gun. In the past I had a problem finding such, and settled on the "Trainer Belt", that did an Ok job.

I have a good leather gun belt, just need a black belt for when I have to be taticool.

Any suggestions? 1.5"

I'm considering the Blackhaw Instructor belt:
https://blackhawk.com/products...uctor-s-gun-belt-1-5

I have worn a CQB/Rigger's belt from Blackhawk on-duty for over ten years.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch.

Posts: 11360 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
I wear one of these daily, very comfortable:

Blue Alpha Gear

*Be aware, there are alot of people selling belts with counterfeit/knockoff Cobra buckles

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Al...300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:

This belt is a beast, have used it for many years. In a pinch I believe it could be used as a weapon with that buckle.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tha1000
posted Hide Post
Frank Proctor’s belt has been on sale recently... It works.

Posts: 5383 | Location: MS | Registered: June 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wilderness for the win. I have one that is over 10 years old, worn daily and still does the job.

Posts: 32 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: October 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I prefer the Wilderness Tactical with the plastic buckles.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12717 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
quote:

Accept no substitute. My original was heavily damaged in my motorcycle crash. The road ate through half of the single layer that runs through the buckle. It STILL performed flawlessly for many years after that.

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:

Definitely this.

http://www.thewilderness.com/b...nal-instructor-belt/

Wilderness 5 stitch instructor belts are what I wear 90% of the time.

Posts: 32503 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with all the recommendations for Wilderness belts.
Some people like the cobra belts but I found the buckle to be a little to bulky and difficult to put on take off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: amc,

Posts: 2753 | Registered: March 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another recommendation for the Wilderness 5 stitch. I have been using mine daily for carry for 4 years.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
I've been using one of these this deployment and love it. Easily carries my M11-A1, 2 mags, Leatherman and IFAK. The cobra buckle is great.

http://www.tuffproducts.com/90...d-cobra-ranger-belt/

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck, 10 years or so, with the Wilderness 5 stitch belt.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a long time Wilderness user (probably 15+ years) and switched to the Nexbelt last fall. I don't think I'll be going back.

https://www.nexbelt.com/collec.../heavy-duty-web-belt

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I have two Wilderness Tactical 5 stitches that I've been wearing every day for 10 or 12 years. This Spring WT replaced the worn out velcro on both for free. They also gave me $5 off any new belt. (Which was nice, because the old belts seem to have gotten shorter since I retired.)

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I vote for the Wilderness Tactical Original Instructor Belt (5-Stitch). In my opinion, the regular 5-Stitch stiffness is good enough. You don't need the CSM polymer liner (which adds $10). I have both. The CSM is a bit thicker due to the lining but it doesn't seem to work any better. I also have a Frequent Flyer but prefer the Original for heavier guns. It might be in my head, but the heavy steel buckle just seems to work better than the plastic rings. I use the Frequent Flyer a lot for lighter guns but if I had to pick one, I'd go with the Original.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
quote:

Bingo! I’ve had my WT Instructor belt since around 98-99. I sent it in to have the Velcro replaced and at the time it was the oldest one that had been sent in. From the looks of it I’ll have it for many more years.

Posts: 4105 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blade Tech makes a nice fully synthetic gun belt. Traditional buckle and holes, and look like a normal 1.5" wide belt, but it won't wear and is very rigid in the perpendicular direction - providing good support for a holster. Plus it's thin, and not nearly as thick as a leather belt with the same rigidity.

Posts: 4713 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I prefer the Wilderness Tactical with the plastic buckles.

+1

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I should’ve known better than to open this thread. Cost me another $60. Smile

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post