SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New LG refrigerator Anyone have one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New LG refrigerator Anyone have one? Login/Join 
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted
My other half wants this new refrigerator. 24 cu. ft. InstaView™ Door-in-Door® Counter-Depth Refrigerator LFXC24796SStainless Steel. I haven't seen this exact model, and don't know anything about the LG brand. Quality etc. Anyone with experience with this model or something close? Thanks for your input my SIGforum friends.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I bought a 27CuFt LG French door w/ 2 bottom freezer drawers (model LMXS27626S) last summer.

Very good price of $1,599.99 from Costco online. Took about 3 weeks for delivery.

It's cold, it's quiet, and doesn't use much electricity. I move every couple years and it's my 3rd french door bottom freezer unit, but it's the first with two freezer drawers and I prefer the two drawer.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We have an LG French door, bottom freezer drawer model that is about 10 years old. It has been trouble free. We lurched at Home Depot.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
We bought an stainless LG french door with freezer drawer on bottom about 6 months ago and love it. Model LFXS29626S which is the 29 cu. ft. Ultra Capacity 3-Door French Door Refrigerator w/Dual Ice Makers.

http://www.lg.com/us/refrigera...-3-door-refrigerator

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We bought a counter-depth French door LG for our previous place in Maui. It worked fine; my wife found taking care of the stainless steel a pain, there may be less care-intensive options.

Posts: 18056 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
We have a SS French Door model (not sure of size, but was largest they made a couple years ago)
No problems.

Posts: 4623 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
We have an LG French door, bottom freezer drawer model that is about 10 years old. It has been trouble free. We lurched at Home Depot.
Mike

That happens to me there, too.
Wink

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I purchased a new home and moved in two weeks ago. The kitchen has a French door, two-drawer freezer too, and it's everything everyone else says: quiet, spacious, efficient. I bought some stainless steel cleaner and spruced it up, and it looks fabulous!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just beware LG parts are not stocked at the local appliance store. I tried to get a part and they told me everything is ordered, even if you have the LG repairman come he will have to order the parts.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gpbst3:
Just beware LG parts are not stocked at the local appliance store. I tried to get a part and they told me everything is ordered, even if you have the LG repairman come he will have to order the parts.

I've had two sets of Whirlpool Duet Washer/Drier's that have had numerous service calls. Each time parts have to be ordered. Is this specific to LG?

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
We bought a similar one about 6 months ago. It has the dual door on the right but ours is not see through. I love it and it has been flawless. Honestly, it beat every other model hands down, that we shopped and I couldn't be happier.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the info gang!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
I don't know what model we got, but our LG's ice maker was a piece of crap. Water kept dripping into the cube tray and after a couple of days all the ice would be "fused" together.

After three service calls failed to fix the issue, I told the merchant I wanted a new fridge.

They asked for one more try and I said yes. I don't know what they did this time, but it's working fine.

Apart from the ice maker issue, we've been pretty satisfied with the unit.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post