SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Little known mail order places that you like.
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Little known mail order places that you like. Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Little known mail order places that you like.
When I saw that Jim Shugart had started this thread, I really expected it to go in a different direction, if you know what I mean, and I'm sure that you do.
My one and only attempt to mail order poontang didn't work out too well...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
sjtill wrote
discount binoculars

it is now:
http://outofthisworldshop.com/...offset=9&sort=normal

mke229 is trying to kill me

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Lehman's (see above) has free shipping on orders >$75 until 8/17. I had absolutely no problem meeting their minimum. Frown

Check them out. They have a lotta shit that I've never seen anywhere else. A very cool site.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15481 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Yes, I forgot they changed their domain. But they're still a great shop, both online and on the street. Mendocino is worth a visit anyway.

Here's what I've bought from them over the years:
1. 20 x 60 Celestron roof-prism ED spotting scope - fantastic little scope!
2. Nikon Monarch 8x40's x 2
3. Celestron 4 inch refractor--not happy with that one, it's for kids
4. Orion heavy-duty tripods x 2
5. Kowa 8x30 Proxima IIRC binoculars, wedding gift for daughter and son-in-law
6. Zeiss Conquest 8 x 30 binoculars, wedding gift for son and daughter-in-law
7. Kowa TSN-773 Proximar (ED) spotting scope: top rated by Cornell lab
So it's been expensive, but--that cheap Celestron scope aside--worth it.

Posts: 18053 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmr076:
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
CountyComm

A wide variety of nifty EDC/Outdoors/Tactical gadgets and gear.

https://countycomm.com

damn you people... did I REALLY need to order a grappling hook Roll Eyes

You didn't need it, but you know you wanted it....I didn't need one either, or the TI tweezers, or the TI flashlight. It's all on the way now.

Posts: 868 | Location: Alabama | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost Allman Brother
Picture of S600MBUSA
posted Hide Post
Old Will Knott Scales

Sometimes I've found pricing on their eBay store is a little cheaper when shipping/bundled accessories/etc. are factored in.

Saved myself time and money at the post office after I bought a My Weigh Ultra-55 scale and started printing my own postage from USPS.com or Paypal shipping. It has consistently given me the exact same weight the postal scales give.

-Winston Churchill, writing of the Pashtun

Posts: 3989 | Location: Holly Springs/Canton, GA | Registered: November 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Red Bird Coffee roasters. Great product and reasonably priced. They still pack in1 lb. bags rather than the 12 oz. many others use.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Here's a fun website to browse. They used to advertise in the back of comic books years and years ago and were strictly mail order using small paper flyer type catalogs you had to send away for before they transitioned to the web.

www.amazing1.com

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My favorite Cajun sauces

Www.Panolapepper.com

Car detailing stuff also their sister site
Www.Autogeek.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6226 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
http://www.1800nametape.com/

I've ordered from these guys a few times. They sell inexpensive name tapes like the armed forces and various other organizations use on their uniforms.

They're good for uniforms or labeling bags and such. They come in just about every color there is.

Posts: 6348 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
http://www.youdoitelectronics.com/
It's what Radio Shack used to be, only on a much larger scale. They also have a store in Needham, Ma for those in the area.

Did a startup on Route 128 back in the '80s and that was our go-to source for parts. Great to hear that's still around. Smile

Posts: 15027 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Damn. I appreciate this thread, but I can tell it's gonna cost me. Smile

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ought not to, but I will subscribe to this thread. Smile

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
BUDK Knives.

You are not going to mistake most of their products for high-end cutlery or edged weapons / tools, but if you are looking for 'truck' Bowie or a camp knife that you can abuse the shit out of and not worry about the loss of a $20 knife, then this may be for you.

I have taken this Timber Rattler brand Bowie on some camping trips, and it held up o.k. to cutting, chopping, batoning, etc. The sheath that came with it was made with fairly sturdy and thick leather.

Because my elderly dad tends to loose his pocket knives, I bought him this Giant Folding Pocket Knife to help him keep track of it. We both had a good laugh together when he opened it up!!

They also carry 'fantasy' blades / swords and other gear.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
https://aldenmillhouse.com/

Nice little spice shack up by Torch Lake MI

they have some interesting spice mixes, the cole slaw mix is outstanding, MYO Slaw, delish!

The Miracle Blend spice is a great substitute for salt on foods, salads, soups, cooking. Malabar whole pepper grounds, and a lot more.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markand:
www.monoprice.com

PC cables, converters, other stuff.

I bought a scorching hot tube amp from these guys, cheap. Good stuff!

I like Tactical Shit for parts and accessories (got my Liberal Tears Gun Oil from them).

Steep and Cheap is a great place to get deals on outdoor equipment, from shoes to tents.

Ever try Woot? Much of their stuff is now passed through to Amazon, but they still have some nifty and frequently unusual items at great prices. I've bought more stuff through them than I'd like to admint...

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Best coffee cakes ever.

Mygrandma.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rscalzo,

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Hot Shots great place for hot sauces, bbq sauce marinades etc. Some pretty novel stuff. You have to have a business account to order from them. If you see something you gotta have let me know I can add it to my next order and forward to you.
You can't see prices without a account but it is pretty cheap. Averages 3 to 4 bucks a bottle.

I order about twice a year probably order again around October.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8530 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tanner:
This store has a bunch of hard to find, if not interesting home/farm items.

https://www.lehmans.com

I just got an email from Lehman's. They are currently offering free shipping on orders over $75. As I think someone else mentioned, it's not hard to spend $75 at Lehman's. Smile

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post