SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hogg AR Lowers
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hogg AR Lowers Login/Join 
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
A slight drift. I wanted to enter his name on my Steel Challenge score sheet. The match owner giggled then nixed it.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
I'm in for a 100% lower also.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interested in one also.

-Jeff

Posts: 170 | Location: NJ | Registered: September 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

less tongue - same slobber - tears & snot added

Nailed it!

Posts: 1219 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Can we also buy a thing that goes up?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sound and Fury
Picture of Dallas239
posted Hide Post
So into this idea.

"I've spoken of the shining city all my political life, but I don't know if I ever quite communicated what I saw when I said it. But in my mind it was a tall proud city built on rocks stronger than oceans, wind-swept, God-blessed, and teeming with people of all kinds living in harmony and peace, a city with free ports that hummed with commerce and creativity, and if there had to be city walls, the walls had doors and the doors were open to anyone with the will and the heart to get here." -- Ronald Reagan, Farewell Address, Jan. 11, 1989

Si vis pacem para bellum
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.
Feeding Trolls Since 1995

Posts: 18039 | Registered: February 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
The wife did a bit more work on her Chihuahua

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So into this, hopefully it happens.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I am interested in this but curious when a final design and price info might happen. I know the desire to appeal to as many as possible but it seems like the idea is stalled and not moving forward.

Pick a design, find out about pricing, get folks to commit.

They say a Camel was the result of a Horse being designed by a committee.

Whoever is in “charge” take the lead, finalize a design and move tot he next step please.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DanPatWork
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
I am interested in this but curious when a final design and price info might happen. I know the desire to appeal to as many as possible but it seems like the idea is stalled and not moving forward.

Whoever is in “charge” take the lead, finalize a design and move tot he next step please.

I don't know who would be in charge, I've just been prodding my wife for free work. As I've said before, if it will work great, if not there are other designs too. No skin lost here. We are both excited to see the possibility of something like this happening and are likely on board for one if the price is right. For a talking piece, I'm not interested in paying the price of a high end lower. I believe someone was checking on a manufacturer that can do these custom lowers.

Posts: 284 | Location: Midwest USA | Registered: June 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
why memorialize the little twits face? Text alone is probably more effective. I don't want to see his little mug any more than I have to, even in satire.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:

The process began a little over a week ago.

Contacted a several manufactures and an attorney.

Couple of manufactures want nothing to do with it, and one was too expensive (several hundred dollars per) and another is not taking any orders due to backlog/demand.

There are legal issues with copyright of name, and since this has been very public regarding the "Hogg" using his likeness in any manner is not going to happen, and the use of the name has to be in a manner of proper "art" in order to fall under 1st amendment protections.

In the mean time, letting folks kick around ideas is fine and out of it might be elements for a final design. Nothing matters if no one will do the lowers, and part of the criteria is the manufacture facilitating the orders, sales and delivery through FFL for numbered lowers, and direct to those with 80%, and that being if they can/will do both, and that the work is quality and not something that looks like it was done with a Dremel.

As you feel the process isn't happening to your liking, fast enough or whatever, you can take the ball.

My apologies to all, I am out.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I was afraid that this might run into legal difficulties.

We owe the monkey a debt of thanks for running it down this far.

Thanks.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Maybe just make a "Sigforum Special" with no other markings other than the selector switch with a "YAP" theme.

MUZZLED - SAFE
YAP! - FIRE
YAP YAP YAP! - FULL AUTO

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
There is another option- get your existing receiver professionally engraved/laser etched with whatever you want to put on it. Avoids all the infringement issues, gets you the exact image you desire, and could cost less.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
My apologies to all, I am out.

No apologies needed my friend...the idea of it was a great diversion from the overwhelming one sided media frenzied love affair over the rally and resulting "hog fest"...thank you for taking it this far Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Just a bit of behind the curtain:

I know a reputable vendor from FL was approached. They suggested that small run (100 was proposed and not even a blip on the radar) orders weren't feasible.

They suggested a custom engraver (looked like great work based on the website. That too appeared cost prihibitive and also not the desire of the group.

Another vendor in TN was approached and hasn't responded.

This is what I have personal knowledge of. I am sure there were other before approached that I didn't have knowledge of.

This is a lot more intricate than just calling a supply house and asking for a widget. The supplier must be able to manufacture guns. They must also be willing to do something outside their normal day to day business. Add to that the desire to have them figure out how to take payments from multiple individuals while shipping to multiple FFLs (log entries and transfers).

But, but, but what about a 80% receiver? Those aren't guns. True that, find someone with the equipment and designs willing to sell time on their equipment.

Life outside the forum often times takes priority over finding the next cool widget for all the forumites. To have people complain kills the desire to offer services.

There is probably a lot more sausage in the factory, but hey, go ahead, step up, and swing for the fences. Let's see what you've got. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Has anyone checked with Tactical Machining? I know they do custom logos:

http://www.tacticalmachining.c...er-receiver-481.html

Posts: 102 | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
I, for one, am glad this will not be happening. I respect all my friends here who like to see it succeed. But, I simply do not want to see this punk, or anything related to him, immortalized on any ARs, or any firearms for that matter.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Just a quick thank you to sigmonkey for getting this thread going. If this doesn't happen, it was still a lot of fun, and you worked hard and got it going, so thanks buddy!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post