SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dave Truong - I believe he is possibly a wizard (ring repair)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dave Truong - I believe he is possibly a wizard (ring repair) Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
Very long story short.

Recently I sent Dave my wife’s wedding band set to be properly repaired.

At least 14 ago, the rings were cut off (pregnancy related) and sat for awhile before we attempted to have them repaired. The guy we took them to was recommended, but he did a poor job with the repair.

Fast forward to a few months ago, dealing with cancer again, coming up on an anniversary, I wanted to see if Dave could fix the botched repair.

My wife signed for the rings today. There are no adequate words to describe how they turned out, other than sheer perfection. My wife cried, saying that they look brand new, fully restored to their original appearance. I would argue that they look better than new.

Dave, all we can offer is our gratitude. You’ve done magical work.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: striker1,

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Not surprising at all. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
We are indeed fortunate to have Dave grace us with his presence here. Many have reaped the benefits of both his artistry and generosity. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I don't know about the wizard thing, but Dave is The MAN.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I know this,he is a kind honorable man in my dealings with him and I thank him.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Everything mentioned above, plus if you are in the area, stop in to see his store. He’s a very pleasant fellow to meet in person too!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10909 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave made an engagement ring for my son to give his fiancé. My son corresponded with Dave on the design.

It is beautiful, Emily loves it, and the wedding is September 8th.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
This deserves a bump. David included a very thoughtful and personal note with the rings, and again today reached out via email to make sure everything was as expected.

What else can be said? Dave is incredible!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In agreement, Dave and his crew do an excellent job on repairs and have great customer service. Appreciate the fact he is associated with this forum.

Posts: 901 | Location: Wilmington,NC....I-40 West, use it! | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
it is wonderful that his remarkable skill could bring such joy Smile

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone! I'm just honored that you all would entrust me with such treasures!

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6010 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post