SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Deep State Finds Its Next Target
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Deep State Finds Its Next Target Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Why it’s zeroing in on Jim Jordan.

American Spectator
Brandon Weichert

Writing in his 1979 epic, Coup d’Etat: A Practical Handbook, Edward N. Luttwak claimed, “A coup consists of the infiltration of a small but critical segment of the state apparatus, which is then used to displace the government from its control of the remainder.” This is precisely what is occurring today with the purported Deep State coup directed against Donald Trump.

You see, it’s not that the entire government is actively opposing Donald Trump (though, there is certainly an antipathy toward him, with overwhelming majorities of Washington, D.C. and its surrounding suburbs having voted for Hillary Clinton in 2016). More frightening, in the words of Luttwak, there is a “small but critical segment of the state apparatus” that’s been hijacked by anti-Trump partisans — think FBI agent Peter Strzok and his girlfriend, DOJ lawyer Lisa Page — who are attempting to undermine Trump’s presidency from within. A former deputy secretary of defense from the Obama Administration, Evelyn Farkas, stated as much in an astonishing interview last year.

The coup’s ultimate goal is to undermine Trump in order to slow his progress in implementing the revolutionary agenda he campaigned — and won — on. As this occurs, the Deep State’s “allies” (I use that term loosely) in the Democratic Party and the media place pressure on Trump from the outside, anticipating a “blue wave” midterm election this November. Should the Democrats win in 2018, the assumption is that Congress would immediately draft articles of impeachment against Trump.

For their part, the House Freedom Caucus appears to be the only part of Republican Party that insists on doing its job. They are doggedly pursuing the coup plotters embedded deep within the elephantine bureaucracy. One man in particular, Congressman Jim Jordan (R-OH), is doing his best to perform the constitutionally-mandated congressional oversight of the Department of Justice and the FBI. Both Jordan and his fellow House Freedom Caucus members insist on learning about the details surrounding the botched investigation into Hillary Clinton’s mishandling of classified information from her time as secretary of state.

Since last June, Congress has requested all relevant documents from the FBI and DOJ on that investigation. And, until last week, the DOJ and FBI were brazenly stonewalling Congress, hilariously claiming that Congress could not exercise oversight over the Department of Justice and its Federal Bureau of Investigation (in fact, according to basic civics, yes, Congress canconduct oversight of executive branch agencies).

To compound the controversy, Congressman Jordan (and various press reports) claimed that elements from within the DOJ threatened Congressional staffers who were part of the oversight committee! Unfortunately for Congressman Jordan, a well-meaning man, who is poorly versed in the rules surrounding coups that Edward Luttwak outlined, he has now made himself the public enemy of the Deep State coup.

The Anatomy of a Coup (In Brief)

The small team of highly placed coup plotters likely understand that, in order for coups to succeed, they must gin up as much political discord as possible, so as to divide and conquer the local population. Enter “the Resistance” to Donald Trump.

Next, the coup plotters must identify individuals (as well as groups) who will assist in the success of the coup, and those people and groups who will be obstacles to them. For the former group, copious amounts of cash and other forms of support must be bestowed upon them rapidly. In terms of the latter (especially if it is an individual), they must be destroyed.

The best way to destroy one’s political opponent (as decades of American electoral politics has proven), is to discredit them. Thus, a story impugning an opponent’s personal, moral character will be planted in sympathetic press outlets, and the story will be repeated until that individual has either gone away willingly, has been coopted by the plotters, or has lost all credibility.

The Character Assassination of Jim Jordan

During a recent public contretemps between himself and Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, Jordan argued that Rosenstein was a liar who had been misusing his power to redact critical portions of evidence related to the Hillary Clinton investigation. He further humiliated the deputy attorney general by stating that Congress was going to officially denounce Rosenstein as a liar and an obstructionist — all while Rosenstein claimed he was not directly responsible for the redactions (which Jordan, rightly, reminded Rosenstein that he was the boss, and the buck ultimately stopped with him). At one point, Rosenstein kvetched that Jordan’s line of inquiry “fe[lt] personal.”

Congressman Jordan made the grave mistake of essentially telling the emperor that he had no clothes on. In so doing, he painted a massive target on himself. The rolling coup acted swiftly.

Soon thereafter, the “mainstream” media began circulating an unsubstantiated, 30-year old tabloid story about how Jordan — as an assistant wrestling coach at the Ohio State University — ignored reports that the team’s doctor (who is now conveniently deceased) was molesting student athletes. Jordan denies the claims that he ever knew of any such wrongdoing. But that doesn’t matter.

The sheer fact that a leading opponent to the coup is wasting precious time responding to such baseless allegations, breathing new life into this “news” story, has served the coup plotters well. Thus, this meaningless distraction has not only potentially removed Jordan as a threat, but it has also given the plotters ample time to continue on with their dastardly deeds in greater secrecy. What’s more, the powerful handful of plotters are also sending a grave warning to others in Congress who believe as Jordan does: if you persist with your investigation, we will destroy you too.

Will Congressional Republicans buckle, or will they stand firm? For now, the Deep State is still winning. Trump, Jordan, and the few others resisting this shadowy tyranny need reinforcements. That can only come with an overwhelming Republican victory in the midterms this November.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
More, this from Conservative Treehouse:

Gut Wrenching Jim Jordan Interview….
Posted on July 6, 2018 by sundance

“Gut wrenching” when you watch the entire interview and reach the final minute where Ohio Republican Jim Jordan explains the past 24 hrs.

Jim Jordan appears on Brett Baier to push back against accusations he was aware of alleged sexual abuse by Ohio State University’s former wrestling team doctor when he was an assistant coach.

*Note*, before this story hit the major headlines, CTH received an email about this story surfacing and how it likely was constructed to target Jim Jordan for political damage. That email is below. CTH is not revealing the name of the sender.

SUBJECT: “Ohio State made NIKE the sole vendor”!!

The only named and quoted source in this garbage Jim Jordan story is Mike DiSabato of Columbus Ohio.

I am well acquainted with Mike back from when I had a sideline writing/covering college wrestling and MMA for some websites.

Mike is a known scumbag. He is in the athletic apparel business and owns Cage Fighter, a semi well known brand of fighting and wrestling gear.

He also was the driving force behind Agon, a short-lived wrestling promotion where everyone involved was cheated out of their money.

Mike has been sued REPEATEDLY for breach of contract by almost everyone he has worked with. It is well documented.

If you check his Twitter account, @thenotoriousmds, you will see he is a wacky left winger supporter of Bernie Sanders who repeatedly retweets Nancy Hogshead-maker, herself a fraud and one of the leading public voices behind advocacy for the current enforcement if Title IX in varsity sports (aka a “quota queen”).

Mike has a personal vendetta against Ohio State and Jim’s brother, Jeff.

He is mad at Ohio State because they made Nike the sole vendor for athletic gear for every sport back in January. Before this Cage Fighter provided the gear for the Wrestling program (which is now a BIG TIME program)

Jeff, Jim’s Brother is the head wrestling coach at Graham high school in St Paris Ohio, one of the 5 most prestigious high school wrestling programs in the country. Jeff and some partners started the apparel line RUDIs which they now use to supply their team gear, no longer doing business with DiSabato and Cage Fighter.

Since ending their relationship with Cage Fighter, DiSabato has been out for blood and is lashing out at Jim to get back at Jeff and Ohio State.

He’s even been attacking 22 year old OSU alum, Olympic and World champ Kyle Snyder, whom I’ve been around since middle school. Kyle, as far as I can tell, is a young man of absolutely impeccable character.

Kyle recently signed a sponsorship deal with RUDIs.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I saw this start a couple of days ago and knew EXACTLY what was going on.

Jim Jordan is a damn good man and it sickens me to see this crap happen. I hope he is able to weather this and become the next Speaker.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The law firm investigating the Ohio State doctor's sexual misbehavior is Perkins Coie.

Sound familiar?

Perkins Coie the law firm of the Clinton campaign and the DNC which funded the Steele dossier thru Fusion GPS

Two former OSU wrestlers are making allegations about Jim Jordan

Dunyasha Yetts and Mike DiSabato

Yetts - A former sports agent and OSU wrestling champion admitted today to a scheme that bilked investors out of $1.8 million.

Dunyasha M. Yetts appeared before federal Judge John D. Holschuh and pleaded guilty to two counts of mail fraud and one count of conspiracy to possess marijuana.

Yetts promised to invest money for investors, but instead spent it on himself or paid off investors from previous deals, Assistant U.S. Attorney Kevin Kelley said.

http://www.dispatch.com/articl...70829/NEWS/308299821

DiSabato - One of the former wrestlers, Mike DiSabato, is also being accused by the widow of a Marine who was killed in combat in Iraq of intimidating and bullying her over a memorial fund set up in her husband’s name.

“I question the intent, the authenticity, the verity, that Mike DiSabato shares in any of his words or actions,” Karen Mendoza, the wife of Ray Mendoza — a former teammate of DiSabato’s who was killed in 2005 — said in a statement.

http://dailycaller.com/2018/07...jim-jordan-accusers/

NBC did note that Yetts served time in prison for a $1.8 million fraud scheme.

Yetts’ biggest victim was former NFL star Antoine Winfield, who was bilked out of $1.3 million. Yetts convinced Winfield to invest his NFL signing bonus with Yetts’ firm, World Wide Sports. As part of the scam, Yetts provided Winfield with false documents claiming to show his investments. Yetts was instead spending money on country club memberships, cars, student loans, and credit card payments.

NBC News did not report that Yetts filed a lawsuit in May against U.S. Well Service, a fracking company, claiming that he faced discrimination and sexual harassment. Yetts claims that one of his supervisors at the company made sexual remarks toward him and sent him sexually suggestive text messages. He also claimed that he was overlooked for a supervisor position because he is black.

For his part, DiSabato has been involved in several lawsuits, including one against OSU. He was also recently sued for defamation and libel.

Police records reviewed by The Daily Caller News Foundation show that DiSabato was arrested on Feb. 1 on charges of telecommunications threats against Bret Adams, a sports agent who represents Chris Spielman, a former NFL star who played football at OSU.

In April, Adams filed a defamation lawsuit against DiSabato claiming that the former wrestler falsely told business associates that Adams was racist and sexist.

Additionally, Mendoza, the widow of the Iraq War veteran, said DiSabato approached her after her husband’s 2005 death to set up a memorial fund in his honor, but that ultimately led to a cease and desist order.

Jordan is disputing another allegation made in the NBC News article, this one regarding a claim made by a lawyer for OSU about attempts to contact the Republican to discuss the Strauss allegations.

Kathleen Trafford of the firm Porter Wright Morris & Arthur said that attorneys with Perkins Coie, the law firm investigating the Strauss allegations on behalf of OSU, “had previously contacted Rep. Jordan’s office by email and phone to request that he participate in an interview.”

“To date, Rep. Jordan has not responded to those requests,” Trafford told NBC News. “The investigative team is continuing its efforts to schedule an interview with Rep. Jordan.”

But emails obtained by TheDCNF show that the inquires from Perkins Coie partner Markus Funk were sent to the inactive email address Jim.Jordan@mail.house.gov.

Funk sent emails on May 14 and May 24 attempting to speak with Jordan.

Trafford did not respond to TheDCNF’s email seeking comment.

Jordan is also receiving support from Russ Hellickson, who was OSU’s head wrestling coach when Jordan served as an assistant.

Hellickson said in a statement issued through Jordan’s congressional office that neither he nor Jordan ignored sexual abuse of OSU wrestlers.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With all these news sources piling on, is Fusion GPS orchestrating this ?

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
This is McCarthyism pure and simple.

Innuendo, circumstantial, unsubstantiated, unprovable, intended to be ruinous to the accused, nothing more.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.perkinscoie.com/en...ainst-physician.html

Scope of Perkins Coie Investigation

Perkins Coie LLP has been retained to conduct an independent investigation of sexual abuse claims raised against a former Ohio State University physician, Dr. Richard Strauss. The University publicly announced that it has received confidential reports from former Ohio State varsity men student-athletes affiliated with the cheerleading, fencing, football, gymnastics, ice hockey, swimming, volleyball, and wrestling teams

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

an "independent investigation" by Perkins Coie

The doctor who committed the sexual misconduct is Richard Strauss.

Strauss died in 2005 by suicide.

Posts: 19504 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
This is McCarthyism pure and simple.

Innuendo, circumstantial, unsubstantiated, unprovable, intended to be ruinous to the accused, nothing more.

The Democrats have used this method of destroying political opponents for as long as I can remember. I hope this time Americans have enough resources to determine the truth and not rely on the dishonest media.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Not even death provides an escape from the left.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I saw the interview with Bret Baier, which was VERY tough. The last part about everything happening to Jordan was painful to hear.
I don't know the truth of this matter, but I certainly wouldn't put naked character assassination beyond his enemies, of whom there are many,

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
The Democrats have used this method of destroying political opponents for as long as I can remember.

True enough, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that Paul Ryan's and Kevin McCarthy's hands are dirty in this.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
It's not going to work. We know the playbook and we've finally got the best quarterback.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
When was Jordan a coach? 1987-1995.

You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
That's what wiki says. 87 - 95. Asst Coach.

Any crap being drudged up now is a pure political hit job.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:

Any crap being drudged up now is a pure political hit job.

Against him and a guy who can't defend himself. How convenient.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just shameful. I pray Jim Jordan comes out on the winning side of this and is vindicated. We need men like him in DC right now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In sad news, Jim Jordan's nephew died in a car crash across the river in IL Thursday. I didn't make the connection until I heard something on Fox News.

https://qconline.com/news/loca...01-0abb59058301.html

One dead, one injured in I-74 accident near Andover Thursday night

Staff Report Jul 6, 2018

ANDOVER -- An Ohio man is dead following an Interstate 74 accident Thursday night.

Illinois State Police report that, at 8:19 p.m. Thursday, a 2004 black Nissan Frontier left westbound I-74 near mile marker 24, just south of the Andover exit in Henry County.

State police said the vehicle left the roadway, travelled into the right hand ditch, over-corrected and rolled across both westbound lanes of traffic. It came to rest on its passenger’s side in the passing lane of I-74.

The driver, Elijah D. Stickley, 21, of Urbana, Ohio, and his passenger were transported to Illini Hospital where Stickley was pronounced dead. The condition of his passenger, who has not been identified, was not available Friday afternoon.

State police were aided at the accident scene by the Andover Fire Department and Cambridge Ambulance.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Have Jordan Accusers Reported Abuse at Their Work Places?

American Spectator
Dov Fischer

And get ready for the next character assassination

In the viciously cynical American political environment where we now live, it no longer is about quality and competence, skills and ability. It is about destruction of the opponent: destroy them, their character, their children, their family. Just destroy them. For example, let’s show pictures of a girl crying at the southern border when her mother puts her down for a moment — and then let’s tweet that we hope that the President’s child gets kidnapped and sexually abused. Let’s destroy that kid.

[a lengthy article not easy to read. It should be read]

Link

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Heck no. Death is when they start voting Left.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Perkins Coie LLP has been retained to conduct an independent investigation

Big Grin

The Official Law Firm of the DNC, the Clinton Foundation, and the manufacturers of the proven-to-be fabricated Steele Dossier . . . has been retained to conduct an independent investigation . . .

That's like retaining Heinz to investigate the merits of ketchup.

Posts: 10729 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:

Hell no it doesn't. They're going after Laura Ingalls Wilder like a russian looking to airbrush some historical photos.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post