SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Deep State Finds Its Next Target
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Deep State Finds Its Next Target Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Smear artists never wrestle with their conscience.

American Spectator
R. Emmett Tyrrell

Have you been keeping up with the charges against Congressman Jim Jordan? They first wafted from the swamp around July 3 when NBC News quoted three former wrestlers as saying the congressman had to know about “inappropriate” behavior by an Ohio State University team physician towards some Ohio State wrestlers.

The “inappropriate” behavior supposedly occurred 30 years ago. Yes, I said 30 years ago. That was when Jordan, a former two-time NCAA champion, was an assistant wrestling coach at Ohio State, and, oh yes, he was in his early 20s. Do you know how much standing an assistant coach had attained when he was in his early 20s some three decades ago? It would have been about as much standing as a graduate assistant.

I know, because a hundred miles or so down the road from Ohio State I was on a similar team a few years earlier. For the Ohio State team as for my team, the Indiana University swim team, there was not much money in the athletic budget for hiring an assistant coach, to say nothing of the coach’s prestige or influence. According to Jordan’s press release, he “never saw any abuse, never heard about any abuse, and never had any abuse reported to him.” If he had, presumably he would have reported it, but to whom? Would it be the head coach? How about the athletic director? Thirty years ago, sex in the locker rooms or the showers of a varsity team was rare. Certainly I never heard of it, and now we have Jordan’s word that he never heard of it. Times have changed, and apparently they are changing again.

Ohio State has hired a legal firm, Perkins Coie, to investigate Jordan. But wait. Did not Perkins Coie work for Hillary Clinton on the dirty dossier? Is not Jordan from his House committee investigating such matters? How did Ohio State settle on a law firm employed by Hillary to investigate Jordan, and why has no one suggested another law firm.

A number of wrestlers have come forward and testified on Jordan’s behalf, though they are rarely mentioned in the press. Michael Alf says at Ohio State in the late 1980s, “There was [sic] definitely things” going on in the showers, which he termed “pretty disgusting.” In addition, he added that his teammates joked about the Ohio State doctor, but he never recalls Jordan hearing about it. “He’s the most honest person I’ve ever met,” Alf told the New York Times. “If Jimmy says he didn’t know, I believe him.” Another former wrestler seemed to agree. He described Jordan as “all business” and added that team members practiced discretion around him. It is eminently believable that—unless you work for Perkins Coie—you would believe that the “jokes” about the team doctor never reached Jordan.

I remember my first conversation with Jordan over dinner a few years back. Yes, he wanted to talk politics, but first he wanted to compare Ohio State’s training program with Indiana’s swimming program and he was particularly interested in our coach, the innovative Doc Councilman, swimming’s greatest coach. As the unnamed witness said, even after 30 years Jordan was “all business.” To a two-time NCAA champion, training came even before politics.

How is it that we have arrived at this bizarre point in our history? We are harassing a world-class athlete about vaporous charges going back 30 years when he was an assistant coach. Even if the charges are true, it is not clear what he could have done about them. Thirty years ago, things could not have been more different. When Michael Alf says his teammates “joked” about their randy doctor I have a good idea what he is talking about. Does anyone born after, say, 2000 have any idea?

My friends on the left cannot move from A to B without contradicting themselves in this crazy world that they have, in large part, constructed. They are attacking Congressman Jordan for not reporting the homosexual behavior of a randy doctor in the 1980s (he, incidentally, committed suicide in 2005), behavior which they now approve of or at least are sympathetic toward. What is more, many of the Ohio State wrestlers back in the 1980s had reached their majority. They were over 18. Moreover, most could have broken the doctor’s legs. By the way, Jordan, who was barley older than the wrestlers, now stands accused of failing to report charges that these athletes also failed to report.

Yet we cannot expect clear thinking from today’s Democrats. Jordan has become a powerful figure in investigating the “deep state’s” misbehavior. He is reportedly mulling over a run for the Speakership of the House of Representatives. So why not hit him with nebulous charges about events that did or did not take place a generation ago? After all, with the Democrats’ control of the media and the general culture they can call the Ohio State locker room and showers, circa 1980s, whatever they want to call it. How about, an adventure in sexual hygiene or Sex Education for Wrestlers? Then call in Perkins Coie for legal counsel.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

DEMs taking Alinsky tactics to new levels of low

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2018/08...-recants-jim-jordan/

FORMER OHIO STATE WRESTLER RECANTS CLAIM THAT JIM JORDAN KNEW OF SEXUAL ABUSE

A former Ohio State University wrestler is recanting his claims that Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan knew of sexual abuse allegations against a university physician when he coached wrestling at the school over 20 years ago.

“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Mark Coleman, a former MMA fighter who wrestled at Ohio State when Jordan coached there, said in a statement.

“I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.”

Coleman is the first former OSU wrestler to recant his claims that Jordan knew about sexual abuse at the hands of Dr. Richard Strauss, an OSU physician accused of molesting dozens of student-athletes.

Jordan, who was an assistant coach at OSU from 1986 to 1994, was first linked to the allegations against Strauss in an NBC News article published July 3. A former wrestler named Mike DiSabato led the push to accuse Jordan of turning a blind eye to Strauss’s behavior.

Coleman, DiSabato and six other former wrestlers said Jordan must have known about the allegations because they were a topic of frequent conversation in the OSU wrestling program. Wrestlers and other athletes claimed Strauss would fondle them during physical examinations.

Coleman told The Wall Street Journal on July 5 that he believed Jordan knew about Strauss’s behavior.

??? “At no time did I ever say..."

“There’s no way unless he’s got dementia or something that he’s got no recollection of what was going on at Ohio State,” he said.

“I have nothing but respect for this man, I love this man, but he knew as far as I’m concerned.”

Coleman is also distancing himself from DiSabato, a sports marketing executive who has sued Ohio State University in the past.

“Mike DiSabato and his PR representative have released information and made statements publicly without my authorization and, in my opinion, are using them to exploit and embarrass The Ohio State University,” Coleman said in his statement

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
. . . getting Tom DeLayed?

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This story has been BS from the get-go. I don't believe a word of it.

They are asking us to believe that a team of college wrestlers, some of the toughest SOBs there is, in prime health, prime fitness, and the prime of their lives, allowed a scrawny old physician thirty-plus years their senior to play with their junk? Against their will? Really?

Any one of them could have snapped the guy in half like a twig, but yet it continued for twenty years?

Uh huh...right. Roll Eyes

Horseshit.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
This story has been BS from the get-go. I don't believe a word of it.

They are asking us to believe that a team of college wrestlers, some of the toughest SOBs there is, in prime health, prime fitness, and the prime of their lives, allowed a scrawny old physician thirty-plus years their senior to play with their junk? Against their will? Really?

Any one of them could have snapped the guy in half like a twig, but yet it continued for twenty years?

Uh huh...right. Roll Eyes

Horseshit.

What does that have to do with it?

The main purpose is to neutralize this guy from getting power and influence. Maybe he is defeated for re-election, maybe he loses support in the leadership race. Maybe it gives him something to worry about, to take his mind and energy and attention off the DOJ.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

The main purpose is to neutralize this guy from getting power and influence.

Of course it is. We all know this.

But the fact of the matter is that they dreamed up a story to get that done that is wholly unbelievable.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

The main purpose is to neutralize this guy from getting power and influence.

Of course it is. We all know this.

But the fact of the matter is that they dreamed up a story to get that done that is wholly unbelievable.

Not to some. No messy details. Shadows, whispers, wink and nod. No witnesses expected or needs to spill details.

Few talk about such things comfortably. Enough revulsion to work.

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
CTH
Sundance

Everyone with a reasonable amount of common sense knows the claims that Representative Jim Jordan knew of sexual abuse at Ohio State twenty-years-ago was a manufactured political hit-job. Now one of the accusers recants…

(Via The Daily Caller) A former Ohio State University wrestler is recanting his claims that Ohio Republican Rep. Jim Jordan knew of sexual abuse allegations against a university physician when he coached wrestling at the school over 20 years ago.

“At no time did I ever say or have any direct knowledge that Jim Jordan knew of Dr. Richard Strauss’s inappropriate behavior,” Mark Coleman, a former MMA fighter who wrestled at Ohio State when Jordan coached there, said in a statement.

“I have nothing but respect for Jim Jordan as I have known him for more than 30 years and know him to be of impeccable character.”

Coleman is the first former OSU wrestler to recant his claims that Jordan knew about sexual abuse at the hands of Dr. Richard Strauss, an OSU physician accused of molesting dozens of student-athletes.

Link

posted Hide Post
“Everyone with a reasonable amount of common sense....”

That’s about 20% of the adult population, which is part of the problem.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
True these attacks on Trump, his staff, campaign people, people like Jim Jordan are absolutely designed to delay and/or derail the Trump Train Agenda, to defend and disguise all the mess that is in the Federal Government.

IN addition, it's a two pronged attack, not only is it designed to derail investigations its designed to stop people with similar agendas as Trump or anyone that would dare enter politics, now anyone with the means and ability to do such work are on notice, the deep state will come for you if you try and upset the apple cart.

They'll destroy your reputation, search for anything in your past and even make things up to hurt you, your family and friends.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post