SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I had found another unexpected problem with this Sienna van earlier this evening. In its main dash glove box are a owners manual, 2 remote controls and, 4 sets of bluetooth head phones. There is a DVD player up in the ceiling with a TV. Am I obligated to make 4 kids to complete the van deal ?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who's paying for the wheel bearings? As much noise as they must have been making, there's no excuse for the dealer not telling you about it beforehand, or repairing them before listing the van for sale.

At 120,000 miles, it may have a lot of life left in it, but it could also be showing signs of abuse. Check it out carefully, get help with this if you can.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The young salesman is only 18 and driving a Infinity. He drove it and claimed the noise went away when the fan for heat/air conditioning was turned off. I was 15 miles down the road when I called back to again tell him the noise is still there. I took the van back and their mechanic drove it. It was 4:00 and their shop was booked for the day. They asked me to bring it in Monday morning and they will replace the wheel bearings. It has Yokohama 17" tires in very good condition.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I have a question. Just watched a video on changing the wheel bearings. Its pretty comprehensive. Do they generally replace them on both sides or just the one making the noise ?

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I have a question. Just watched a video on changing the wheel bearings. Its pretty comprehensive. Do they generally replace them on both sides or just the one making the noise ?

They’ll replace a bearing that shows signs of being overheated, like discoloration. The other bearing may not be damaged, it should be (at minimum) repacked. Ask if it showed any signs of overheating.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you TMats I will ask them.

Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:

They’ll replace a bearing that shows signs of being overheated, like discoloration. The other bearing may not be damaged, it should be (at minimum) repacked. Ask if it showed any signs of overheating.

Those are not the old style wheel bearings. These have to be pressed out and new ones pressed in.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Youtube of the wheel bearing.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I believe the van is going back. Carfax shows no accidents or damage yet, up the passenger side door and whole rear quarter, I can see it has been body filled and repainted. Already notified the salesman.

W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe the van is going back. Carfax shows no accidents or damage yet, up the passenger side door and whole rear quarter, I can see it has been body filled and repainted. Already notified the salesman.
Yeah, you don't want shoddy body work that will allow CO to get into the cab.

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Carfax is not 100% accurate.

https://www.consumeraffairs.co...10/carfax_facts.html

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Buyer beware, David, as I am sure you know.

Good thing you are paying attention to a lot of details. Keep at it, something will come your way that works for you.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
I hope they will take it back...

Good luck, David.

Posts: 2320 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I helped to load High Ol' Silver on a car trailer this evening. After several trys to drive and winch her on going forward, we had to load her backwards. All that rusty steel hanging down would catch on the step at the ramp tops and she wouldn't go. Tried useing broken wood corn hole boards but still a no go. It was hard seeing my old Park Ave going away.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
My job interview went good this past week and they will be calling people this week to start. It darn sure would be nice to have a job again. Just me and the Sig Forum van here now in a empty Flea Market. I love the Sienna van folks. Thank you all.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Hope it goes well.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
My job interview went good this past week and they will be calling people this week to start. It darn sure would be nice to have a job again. Just me and the Sig Forum van here now in a empty Flea Market. I love the Sienna van folks. Thank you all.

Nice to see things swinging in a better direction. Stay safe and warm, brother. We are pulling for you!

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post