SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Thanks so much to all who've donated. Let's wrap this up. Today is the last day for donations and 6guns will give us a total in a day or two.

My payment was mailed today, the end of the week may be a good update.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
I sent an envelope today, hope 6guns gets it in the next few days.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Done,
Sorry that I’m late to the party

Posts: 616 | Location: West By God VA | Registered: July 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I concur about additional time needed for 6guns to tally a complete total. I would think early next week would be more appropriate.

My donation was issued via my bank account's bill pay and mailed; he should have it by Wednesday.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent. Didn't appear I'd have time for snail mail.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grapes of Wrath
Picture of Wino
posted Hide Post
Donate sent. Thank you 6guns for taking the initiative.

David: If you would like any banking advice, shoot me an email, in my profile.

Posts: 1454 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I wanted to post again about my old car. The parking spots close to the building here at McDonalds are uphill graded. Earlier, she wouldn't back down as the rear brakes locked. Same thing when I got back to the Flea Market. Its all forward driving now...OMG. Big Grin. When I apply the brakes at a slow down to stop it sounds like a large aircraft over head. I believe the rear are metal on metal.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
David, sent you an email.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My check went out Monday morning, 6guns should have it Wednesday or Thursday.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Good morning, everyone. Thanks to all of you! This fund raiser was far more successful than I expected. I didn't receive any checks yesterday, but expect them to be coming in throughout this week. As I'd said early on, I'll deposit them on Jan 17th; the first opportunity I'll have to get to my bank. I'll post the total raised amount toward the end of the week. I will say, it's impressive.

Many have asked about mailing items to David. I've declined having them send items to me, except for one member. After that I realized it would be better to mail directly to David and hopefully he can provide a local address or at least someone near who can accept items for him.

I've also been asked questions I can't answer....such as what vehicle he should get. One member found a van from a mechanic friend for a decent price. It's not my place to say yay or nay on any of this. I'm a collector and distributor of funds. I have input just like everyone else, but I don't have the decision making power here. Collectively (I hate to use that word), maybe several informed members can offer advice as to how best David can use the proceeds. One member is a banker who has offered his advice. I think that would be very helpful to David.

Personally, I think one of the first things we should hope for is for David to find good employment. If he doesn't, it's possible he may burn through these funds. One post here mentioned using the funds to find real housing and smaller reliable transportation. This combined with a good job, might be more realistic for the long term. I mean really, who wants to live in a car? But I'm getting ahead of myself. Like I said, I have input just like everyone else, but David has to be the one to step up and make his own decisions with the informed suggestions of fine members here.

Again, thank you for your help!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
2019 is only 7 days old, but, as far as I'm concerned, this is the thread of the year. I love you all, my brothers and sisters. Incredible people. Smile

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Again, thanks 6guns for organizing the collection of funds.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Again, thanks 6guns for organizing the collection of funds.

And to Para for getting the effort going.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
2019 is only 7 days old, but, as far as I'm concerned, this is the thread of the year. I love you all, my brothers and sisters. Incredible people. Smile

There is a broad diversity of breathtaking beauty in this world, but most beautiful of all there is to consider, is the dignity of one man extending himself to another in need. These are the things that inspire, that edify, and bring humanity closer.

I come to SIGforum for many reasons. One of the most valuable among them is the inspiration that comes from events like this. Thank you SIGforum and most of all, thank you David for giving us the opportunity to serve.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I am near lost for words you guys and gals. I will have this event and you all to hold for the rest of my days. I hope to save this topic for me to reflect on. People like I have never known. The few people I know in my area would have let me sink when I cant swim. You all by contrast are uplifting of a stranger. I have a debt to you all I will be happy to return.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Good morning, everyone. Thanks to all of you! This fund raiser was far more successful than I expected. I didn't receive any checks yesterday, but expect them to be coming in throughout this week. As I'd said early on, I'll deposit them on Jan 17th; the first opportunity I'll have to get to my bank. I'll post the total raised amount toward the end of the week. I will say, it's impressive.

Many have asked about mailing items to David. I've declined having them send items to me, except for one member. After that I realized it would be better to mail directly to David and hopefully he can provide a local address or at least someone near who can accept items for him.

I've also been asked questions I can't answer....such as what vehicle he should get. One member found a van from a mechanic friend for a decent price. It's not my place to say yay or nay on any of this. I'm a collector and distributor of funds. I have input just like everyone else, but I don't have the decision making power here. Collectively (I hate to use that word), maybe several informed members can offer advice as to how best David can use the proceeds. One member is a banker who has offered his advice. I think that would be very helpful to David.

Personally, I think one of the first things we should hope for is for David to find good employment. If he doesn't, it's possible he may burn through these funds. One post here mentioned using the funds to find real housing and smaller reliable transportation. This combined with a good job, might be more realistic for the long term. I mean really, who wants to live in a car? But I'm getting ahead of myself. Like I said, I have input just like everyone else, but David has to be the one to step up and make his own decisions with the informed suggestions of fine members here.

Oh I will be asking for advice. I value the knowledge base here and it keeps me on the straight and narrow. Looking at vans and mini vans mostly as they are practical machines. When Ol' Silver goes to scrap, I am keeping her hood ornament. I will use the funds responsibly and I've determined if there has been too much donated, it will remain on account at my Credit Union for when other Members here may need help. As for employment, I will dig in as soon as I can replace this old car and make my way. The houseing will remain on wheels untill I find a safe and affordable dwelling. I wish to remain in the Bluegrass State. There are excellent industries up in Ohio and were I more qualified in programming of machine tools, I would make myself known there. My roots have been shallow here in Kentucky and I hope to do better. This is my home now.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I can check in later folks. Need to get this old car up out of Richwood before the rush hour starts. Thank you.

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
This forum is an awesome place and I'm glad to be a small part of it.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Packing up the iPad and other goodies. Just waiting for an address as 6Guns would rather not deal with packages. I can understand why with the amount of donations he is already dealing with. God Bless SigForum!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

Oh I will be asking for advice. I value the knowledge base here and it keeps me on the straight and narrow. Looking at vans and mini vans mostly as they are practical machines. When Ol' Silver goes to scrap, I am keeping her hood ornament. I will use the funds responsibly and I've determined if there has been too much donated, it will remain on account at my Credit Union for when other Members here may need help. As for employment, I will dig in as soon as I can replace this old car and make my way. The houseing will remain on wheels untill I find a safe and affordable dwelling. I wish to remain in the Bluegrass State. There are excellent industries up in Ohio and were I more qualified in programming of machine tools, I would make myself known there. My roots have been shallow here in Kentucky and I hope to do better. This is my home now.

How much training and money would it take to get you more qualified in programming?

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post