SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I will be fine as this little heater is a monster. Yesterday morning I sat down on a plastic out house seat at 7 degrees. Big Grin. Now that was cold.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That'll make it crawl back up! Lol

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I'm with 6guns, you asked for help David, people thought enough of you to help you out financially. Now that you have the means to, please take care of yourself. Get a reliable, economical car, rent an apartment, furnish it, work on finding a real job. Just my two cents worth.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Yes please do, people die in this weather.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
David, check in when you can. Skins is right. This weather isn't to be fucked with. Get some warm shelter.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
David, check in when you can. Skins is right. This weather isn't to be fucked with. Get some warm shelter.

If you’re gonna be hard headed David, then you’re not getting any spiedies!

Posts: 439 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Guys, I am OK for now as the old car is pleanty warm from my heater. Ive been looking at vans today and find some of the dealers are tough with their prices. That said, if I do go the route of a car, it will be a used Avalon. They are known to last forever when maintained. For now, the mini van is a good prospect.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Guys, I am OK for now as the old car is pleanty warm from my heater. Ive been looking at vans today and find some of the dealers are tough with their prices. That said, if I do go the route of a car, it will be a used Avalon. They are known to last forever when maintained. For now, the mini van is a good prospect.

And if the power goes out does the flea market have a automatic generator that will kick on and keep the heater going? Is ol silver road worthy if you need to get to a hotel in the event of an outage?

Get a nice comfy bed and long hot shower for the night, please.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same thing, David. What if the power went out. Or even, what if the breaker trips? Do you have access to the panel?

Get a warm room til this crazy weather passes!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
If the power goes out I have a huge military bag which is a PITA to use in the car due to its size but, it keeps the cold out down below minus 35. Tomorrow, Joe is driving me down to the camp grounds where I shower. Tonight its down to zero or so but up to 22 tomorrow. Looks like 5 or 6 days of 50 to 60 degrees after that. Trust me, with this heater and my lesser Coleman sleeping bag, I will be pleanty warm at night.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I plug into a GFCI on the pole here. Never been a issue with it. I do feel bogged down inside the car. Siggy stops up now and then to go for coffee. I sleep in a fur lined hooded sweat shirt and it requires I turn the heater down a lot or wake up sweating.

Picture of SigMaverick
posted Hide Post
Any work prospects?

--------------------------

I own a bunch of Sigs with Beavertails...

Posts: 937 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Good morning all. Work search begins as soon as I get a vehicle. I have been reliant on 2 friends for basic transportation. Tomorrow I will be pleased to get a shave and shower. Friday, I will get my friend to drive me to Miamisburg, Ohio as I just found my van. Was going back and forth with the sales manager and he accepted my offer. Its a 2011 Sienna. 140,555 miles, clean car fax. Its a nice van by golly.

posted Hide Post
That's excellent news David! Hopefully that Toyota van you are looking at has the V6 engine not the 4-cylinder?

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Good morning all. Work search begins as soon as I get a vehicle. I have been reliant on 2 friends for basic transportation. Tomorrow I will be pleased to get a shave and shower. Friday, I will get my friend to drive me to Miamisburg, Ohio as I just found my van. Was going back and forth with the sales manager and he accepted my offer. Its a 2011 Sienna. 140,555 miles, clean car fax. Its a nice van by golly.

It's still listed on line, hopefully he's holding it, and hopefully you paid less than it's listed for.

Have you seen it in person yet?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of reloader-1
posted Hide Post
Depending on the condition of that Toyota Sienna, Edmunds says it is $2,000 to $4,000 too high at the current price:

https://www.edmunds.com/toyota...5342&style=101273302

Posts: 2324 | Location: S. FL | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
That's excellent news David! Hopefully that Toyota van you are looking at has the V6 engine not the 4-cylinder?
Yup, its the 3.5 V6.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

It's still listed on line, hopefully he's holding it, and hopefully you paid less than it's listed for.

Have you seen it in person yet?

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j8u2xMfERTU" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
Skins, pretty much all the dealers got you by the throat with used vehicles.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I found a 2008 CE model more local to me. Its very clean and basic. 106,000 miles and clean carfax.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

pretty much all the dealers got you by the throat with used vehicles.
Not really. I have bought more than one used car / van, at my price.

I did my homework, determined what a realistic price was, and told the sales guy, "I am willing to buy this vehicle today. No dicking around with financing, I have cash and am ready to close a deal. I am willing to pay $x,xxx.xx out the door, all taxes and fees included. Do you want to sell it, or shall I go elsewhere?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post