SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Dropped a check in the mail.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Also, just a suggestion here. You you may want to periodically withdrawal the funds from PayPal in case they decide to temporarily lock your account. With the influx of sudden transactions and with the subject of the forum (PP is very left leaning), PayPal May decide to give you a headache.

You may be doing that already, but figured I’d still give the advice.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
This is horrible. I am not in a position this weekend to read through all the posts. However, I live in the eastern part of Louisville, KY. I am about an hour away. If I can help I would be glad to facilitate anything that I could (delivering stuff, checking in, whatever is needed). I feel pretty bad about having a member in need that is so close and I have not done anything.

Just let me know what I can do to help.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
TANSTAAFL
posted Hide Post
Not something you want anyone to deal with. We lived in a car for a couple years when I was a child. That’s a hard life. In.

Posts: 715 | Location: Baltimore til I can get out of there. | Registered: June 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Paypal sent, glad we can do something to help! Smile

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
donation on the way.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent. Thank you Carl for coordinating what will surely be a hectic process and for the great care that I'm sure you are giving it. You're a good man!

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6Guns - Funds in route Sir. Thanks for managing this. Proud to be part of this SIGForum family ....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
My CC was hacked this week. As soon as it arrives I'll add it to my PP & send some $$. David, If you every want to go shooting, I belong to a great club. I live in eastern Cincinnati.
Hello and I would enjoy that. I've only seen the indoor range at Target World. Thank you for the invite.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
I went to sleep last night, pondering some things, and awoke to some more questions. Just trying to think of some logistics here.

First of all, we need to figure out what David wants to do. He has expressed his desire to stay in KY, and his desire to work in some sort of CNC field. He has an offer from ES Dunbar for a job, however it is not in KY. Tubetone, in the other thread, mentioned what would seem like a perfect job at Sig Sauer, but that is in NH, perhaps too far away for David. We just need to know what David wants. Either way, staying in KY at the flea market, or making a move, is up to him, and I believe we all would support him whatever his decision may be.

This brings up my second concern, related to the first, a vehicle. If David stays in KY, something more homey like, I think, would be best. A full size van, a class C cabover motorhome, a truck with a bed camper or tow behind camper may all be good viable options. If David decides he wants one of the jobs listed previously, out of state, maybe the money will be better spent on a reliable to and from work vehicle, and a studio apartment. Another option is, if he took one of the jobs, and had a camper or motorhome, to park it at a trailer park. Also, think of registration and insurance to keep you legal, and what that will run you for your selected vehicle.

We also need to know what size shoes, pants, jackets etc. that you wear, so some members can send you some clothes.

What else do you need, David? If something specific, let us know. Hopefully you won't be sleeping in the cramped drivers seat of your Chrysler much longer. Let's get you on the path to having a roof over your head, a solid income, and a reliable vehicle. Hang in there bud, help's on the way.
Hello, I honestly will remain in Kentucky. I may not stay in this northern section as there is more nice areas to live and work. Its high time I venture into something as steady employment but, no longer hold out to work in machining. I dont like logistics work as there is a abundance of it here. Georgetown has Toyota, a company down in Winchester was interested in me, other areas like Frankfort and Lexington or Bowling Green. I will return to work here.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turning_gal:
David, can’t help but think how sleeping in a car during the winter is uncomfortable to say the least. Even with all the supplies you are getting from the forum.
We have a guest appartment ready for you to stay in with a king size bed, shower, TV, internet, fridge, seperate entrance, etc.
We live in the mountains Murphy, NC and can pick you up. Get rest, get your situation figured out.
Free. I personally do not have many posts but I live with Sig member Jim Smith (sig229-SAS)
and we both welcome you!
That is a gracious offer but I will stay in Kentucky.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
David, I'm glad to see you ask for help from us. I know that there isn't a member who'd object to giving you help.

If I can do more than share some of the money God sees fit to send my way each week, please let me know.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I was just telling a friend we were doing this for David, and he pulled a $20 out of his pocket and said send this to him, too.

So 6Guns just got another PP for $20.

Keep it going guys!
Please relay my thank you to your friend ArtieS. I am honored.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JPD217:
6guns, money order mailed this morning, wish it was more, but it's what I can afford right now.

All the best David, I'm hoping this gets you what you need right now and praying that things turn around for you long term.
Thank you JPD, I will put it to good use in a better vehicle. I dont see you post much here.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45 Cal:
Count me in, David is a good man that I have corresponded with for years.
Will check this thread for details.
Thank you too Ralph and I miss your posts sir.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Everyone - David responded to my email questions regarding clothing needs. I had offered a Carhardt coat and other things, and here's what he said:

quote:
I have a Carhartt coat the market owner gave me last year. I have a heavy Nautica parka I bought last winter.

I have too much clothing and 23 bath towels in this old Buick.

What I could use are a few pairs of long john bottoms as I got all paper thin uniform pants to wear outside. I have to find another sturdy knit winter hat.

He didn't include any sizing information, but perhaps he will see this and share.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
I know cash always helps, but are there any hard goods you need? I'd rather pass along clothes, camping gear, etc in addition to helping fund a replacement vehicle?

Posts: 3065 | Registered: December 21, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
David, I'm glad to see you ask for help from us. I know that there isn't a member who'd object to giving you help.

If I can do more than share some of the money God sees fit to send my way each week, please let me know.
I want you to have good health Sig2340. I would like that.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Everyone - David responded to my email questions regarding clothing needs. I had offered a Carhardt coat and other things, and here's what he said:

quote:
I have a Carhartt coat the market owner gave me last year. I have a heavy Nautica parka I bought last winter.

I have too much clothing and 23 bath towels in this old Buick.

What I could use are a few pairs of long john bottoms as I got all paper thin uniform pants to wear outside. I have to find another sturdy knit winter hat.

He didn't include any sizing information, but perhaps he will see this and share.
Probably a medium. 34W 32 L. Most years Im in those by October 1st. I got a bit tougher in the cold here.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
OK.

I'm in for a pair of UnderArmor-esque Thermal bottoms and a $ donation. I'll pick up a new pair tomorrow day and put them in the mail tomorrow afternoon.

If anyone else wants to offer up another pair or two I suspect that's plenty of that item. I only own three sets, myself, which gets me through Colorado winters via rotation.

I'll email 6guns to ensure I have the correct address to mail the package.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post