SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
Picture of Peanut15
posted Hide Post
Count this low poster in.

Posts: 57 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: October 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
David needs help, you got it bud. We don't have much , but will get ahold of 6guns to send what we can.

Hang in there David, SIGforum has got you covered.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4925 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Which items make you comfortable if you've slept in your car?

A good mattress pad, if you have the room, such as in a van. What else? What items make you feel more at home?

My thoughts too. I think clean safe heat, light and privacy.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
I’ll send some pp to 6guns’ profile email.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...840027154#7840027154

I am asking the members of this forum to help David. This is a ten year, 15000 post member and I believe his story is the truth. I had no idea that we have a forum member who is living in an old car.

Some time ago, I began refusing almost all crowdfunding requests in this forum, because it had gotten out of hand. There have been exceptions, and this will be another. That post was hard to read and I imagine others here will feel the same.

Let's step up and help this man. Those of you who have emailed me about this matter- you have a green light to do your best.

Let's go, SIGforum. Let's go.
For heavan sakes. I have some reading to do. Thank you Para.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Sent via PayPal

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
OK, I’m in

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
David, if you need a job and don’t mind coming up to Toledo, I’ll put you to work and a check in your hand every Friday.

I need a guy in our fabrication shop to help out handling material and tidying up. The guy who does it now is swamped as we’ve grown and he needs help. If you’re not fork truck certified, we’ll train you trained up and show you the ropes. It’s a solid long term job. If by any chance you know auto cad, need a guy there too.

Let me know if you’re interested. PS, I hope the work “f@ck” doesn’t offend you, because that’s our favorite word around here.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
David, if you need a job and don’t mind coming up to Toledo, I’ll put you to work and a check in your hand every Friday.

I need a guy in our fabrication shop to help out handling material and tidying up. The guy who does it now is swamped as we’ve grown and he needs help. If you’re not fork truck certified, we’ll train you trained up and show you the ropes. It’s a solid long term job. If by any chance you know auto cad, need a guy there too.

Let me know if you’re interested. PS, I hope the work “f@ck” doesn’t offend you, because that’s our favorite word around here.
That is fantastic!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
^^^agreed!

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Whatever I can do, I'm in. I will follow so I know where to send funds.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which items make you comfortable if you've slept in your car?

A good mattress pad, if you have the room, such as in a van. What else? What items make you feel more at home?
Para if I had a van I would know what its like to lay down. I got 2 sleeping bags, 1 Coleman which is good to about 20 degrees. I have a never issued Military mummy bag which is a monster. Rolled up it takes up over half the back seat. Its extreme cold weather bag. I've been sleeping in my driver seat layed back. This has probably what caused my sciatica problem.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:

This is something I will absolutely consider ! I have a number of years, 4 total on various squaring shears, I was good at it, press brake operation up to 300 ton Cincinnati hydrolic with Hurco back gage. I dont like welding but have a couple years Mig. Been to school twice for CNC machining which I love. I've set up and run various NC and CNC controlled turrett punch presses, Weidamann, spell check that, Amada, Strippit. Pretty useful in manufacturing. I forgot this ES, my fork truck license expired years back. I have drivin many, propane and electric. Also had a few years on Raymonds with side mode. Moved a lot of pallets of sheet metals around.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
I am in, please. Will send an email to 6guns.

David, may I please suggest a full size van ? A business van, hopefully with a (fiberglass) roof extension will be helpful for standing up fully. A business van doesn't have side windows so is easier for privacy. Similarly, a box van might be a possibility, especially the smaller full size ones that have direct access from the front to the box in the rear.

Had no idea about living in a car, sir.

God bless you, friend Smile

ETA: email sent.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para, 6guns,

Just getting caught up on this. I'm located just north of Cincinnati about 50 minutes from David's location. I'm also a licensed car dealer. Willing to help however I can. Email is in my profile.

Posts: 138 | Registered: November 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Love this place. I'm in of course!

Posts: 11353 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6guns PayPal sent.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Funds sent, if we need more we are in for more as well.

Posts: 3848 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post