SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
E-mail sent, 6guns.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
6guns email sent.

Silent

Posts: 1026 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
Paypal and email sent.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
6guns,

I sent some $ via PP but forgot to put my screen name in.

David,

You are a good man and I felt really bad for you when reading your post. Hopefully you can help get you back on your feet and get in a permanent place and not sleep in your car. We are all pulling for you!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PP $$ has been sent.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent to 6guns, happy to help.

Posts: 312 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Funds sent via Paypal.

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Just now joining in.

I am an hour south of David and more than willing to be his ride to racer313g if he is able to locate him a vehicle.

I am close and a long standing member if you all have any physical donations you feel may help David as well you can contact me for my address and I can deliver them.

Also a paypal is on the way to 6guns.

Anything I can do to help just let me know.

David I sent you an email. I’d like to meet for lunch Monday and get you a solid meal.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Email sent for snail mail help.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
I am in, please. Will send an email to 6guns.

David, may I please suggest a full size van ? A business van, hopefully with a (fiberglass) roof extension will be helpful for standing up fully. A business van doesn't have side windows so is easier for privacy.

Had no idea about living in a car, sir.

God bless you, friend Smile
I saw a few vans on line. A monster van I saw was a B3500 Dodge. Its a passenger but if some of those seats went away, it would be a little mud flap motel. I cant advocate living in a vehicle. Last Winter I had a electric heater on my passenger side floor. I was allowed to plug in under the pavillion at the Market. The owner wont let people use the electricity this year. One vendor who plugs his diesel truck in cant do it this year. He pays high rent there too.

Hi David,
I added a bit more to the original post; about a box van... There are smaller ones on full size chassis. These have a nice squared off box on the back with a van front and make for more efficient use of that space. The ones with access from the driver's area would allow one to be more inconspicuous.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eat, sleep, fish.
Forced to work.
posted Hide Post
David,
I will do a donation regardless, and I am very sorry you are going though this. Do you need any clothing? I have numerous pairs of NWT or like new Men's Levi jeans, sweaters, sweatshirts, t-shirts...if you need any of those, I would be glad to send! If you can use any of those, could you please let me know size(s) though, to see if I have those.

Posts: 715 | Location: MN | Registered: January 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by esdunbar:
David, if you need a job and don’t mind coming up to Toledo, I’ll put you to work and a check in your hand every Friday.

I need a guy in our fabrication shop to help out handling material and tidying up. The guy who does it now is swamped as we’ve grown and he needs help. If you’re not fork truck certified, we’ll train you trained up and show you the ropes. It’s a solid long term job. If by any chance you know auto cad, need a guy there too.

Let me know if you’re interested. PS, I hope the work “f@ck” doesn’t offend you, because that’s our favorite word around here.
This is something I will absolutely consider ! I have a number of years, 4 total on various squaring shears, I was good at it, press brake operation up to 300 ton Cincinnati hydrolic with Hurco back gage. I dont like welding but have a couple years Mig. Been to school twice for CNC machining which I love. I've set up and run various NC and CNC controlled turrett punch presses, Weidamann, spell check that, Amada, Strippit. Pretty useful in manufacturing. I forgot this ES, my fork truck license expired years back. I have drivin many, propane and electric. Also had a few years on Raymonds with side mode. Moved a lot of pallets of sheet metals around.

My buddy is a manager at a metal fabrication shop. I can check with him if they are hiring, they pay well and have unbelievably good benefits. I'm 25 mi west of DC, so it's a bit of a move if they are hiring. You can crash in my basement for a month or two if you can get on with them.

They have lots of cool toys in the shop - water jets, laser cutters, CNC machines, bending apparatus of various sorts, welding equipment of various kinds, drill presses, you name it. It's like an adult playhouse.

Edit, not hiring Frown

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just sent money to 6Guns via PayPal. Happy to help a SIGForumer.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
PP sent

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SigJacket:
In case it was missed, valuable and near resource.

quote:
Originally posted by racer313g:
Para, 6guns,

Just getting caught up on this. I'm located just north of Cincinnati about 50 minutes from David's location. I'm also a licensed car dealer. Willing to help however I can. Email is in my profile.

Agreed, SigJacket !

Thank you, racer313g.

This is very good news.

Sure hope you can help David with locating something that will serve him well.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m3zona
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent to 6guns. Good luck David.

Posts: 62 | Location: Out West | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Just a friendly reminder, if you send PayPal via Friends and Family, it means more net funds toward the end goal (no fees to the "seller").

I consider you all friends, so it's legit.... Big Grin

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
PP Sent

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in guys. PP sent. Please update if anything else is needed.
-Bamadoc

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bamadoc,

Posts: 1 | Location: alabama | Registered: March 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
PP sent.

FN in MT

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post