SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
I am in, please. Will send an email to 6guns.

David, may I please suggest a full size van ? A business van, hopefully with a (fiberglass) roof extension will be helpful for standing up fully. A business van doesn't have side windows so is easier for privacy.

Had no idea about living in a car, sir.

God bless you, friend Smile
I saw a few vans on line. A monster van I saw was a B3500 Dodge. Its a passenger but if some of those seats went away, it would be a little mud flap motel. I cant advocate living in a vehicle. Last Winter I had a electric heater on my passenger side floor. I was allowed to plug in under the pavillion at the Market. The owner wont let people use the electricity this year. One vendor who plugs his diesel truck in cant do it this year. He pays high rent there too.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in with Jim (sig229-SAS) to help David out.
Stay safe and stay in touch!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent to 6guns.

This is a great forum.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
We are in NC and more or less 5 hours away, an easy drive. If we can help or do a relay of items that David may need we are in.

David, what do you need the most? I think cash will be taken care of, what else do you need?

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Is there something we can do other than moving David from a broken car into a nicer car? Even a one room rental would be better, wouldn't it? Instead of chucking a couple hundred in the till, maybe $25/month would help more.

Either way, I'm in.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
We would hope that if esdunbar's offer of employment works out, David will not have to live in a vehicle, but will have a real roof over his head, a warm bed to sleep in, and proper meals.

The contributions should get him past the current crisis, but a long term solution is needed.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didn't read through the whole thread, but am here with help. Just need to know how.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m in, PayPal to 6guns.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
Pay Pal sent to 6 Gun's e-mail. Thanks for allowing me to help. My thoughts and prayers are with you David. ragman.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1489 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In case it was missed, valuable and near resource.

quote:
Originally posted by racer313g:
Para, 6guns,

Just getting caught up on this. I'm located just north of Cincinnati about 50 minutes from David's location. I'm also a licensed car dealer. Willing to help however I can. Email is in my profile.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Donation sent. Prayers for this fella inbound too. Thanks to 6guns for spearheading this.

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4522 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
PP sent to 6guns profile address.

Let us know if we can pull together to help Dave in some other way.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
Nice David, sounds like you’ll be familiar with our shop a little bit. We are a mechanical contractor so we’re primarly fab’ing pipe.

My email is in my profile if you’re interested.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Guys, if you send paypal, please include your name obviously, but also your SIGforum handle. Much appreciated. Trying to keep track of a LOT of emails!!! This is very encouraging! What a great group!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
6guns - paypal sent

aileron

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Guys, if you send paypal, please include your name obviously, but also your SIGforum handle. Much appreciated. Trying to keep track of a LOT of emails!!! This is very encouraging! What a great group!
I didn't see this prior to sending PayPal. I just included my member name in the PayPal transmittal.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
6guns, donation inbound by PP. Prayer sent up for David. If anything else can be done, please advise.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Mr. Dunbar, please would you have a look at the other thread regarding sleeping and such? Thank you.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
6guns - paypal sent

Brad

Posts: 1801 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
6guns, paypal sent

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post