SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Smile

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That Dodge is not a bargain at any price!!

Posts: 693 | Location: E. Central Missouri | Registered: January 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Fantastic.

Whenever you get everything together and have some free time, you could always slide into Georgia and we could get a few members together and go to a range for a day.

Also, if you do get a minivan, ya gotta let us know what rims are on it. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about the particular Dodge van you're looking at, but I can affirm that the 360 motor, sweet as it is, sucks gas like nobody's business.

Toyotas, in general, are a much better long-term bet.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That's a great picture! God bless you both. Carl, you went the extra mile for sure. Thank you for helping us all.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Way to go! Best of luck to you Davis Lee.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Good luck David. God bless all of SigForum for helping David. Especially Para and 6guns. And the picture is great.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'd like everyone to know that there were a total of 316 donations. A very kind and generous group!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Cool!

Thanks for your efforts putting this together and making it happen.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn Carl, that's a hell of a head of hair.

I've been bald since graduating HS. Smile LOL

And yeah David... pass on the Dodge 360/318 mills. Not worth your trouble period.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Ha ha! It's great to put a face to a name for both David and 6guns.

David,

I hope things are turning around for you and you can finally put those roots down in KY that you so badly wanted.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What a great update! Best wishes, David. Get out of the cold and keep us in mind for an update every now and then.

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RR
posted Hide Post
Good people. They still exist. Great to see. Nice job everyone. David, get warm!

Posts: 436 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: October 09, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

I've been bald since graduating HS. Smile LOL

And yeah David... pass on the Dodge 360/318 mills. Not worth your trouble period.

Haha! Thanks, bald1. I'm blessed with a full head of hair.

Yeah, David, as we talked briefly, I'm still thinking an economical sedan and an inexpensive apartment or room and board somewhere. Again, best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
hey 6

thanks so much for doing this

I was glad I was able to help out a little

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, David, as we talked briefly, I'm still thinking an economical sedan and an inexpensive apartment or room and board somewhere. Again, best of luck and please keep us posted on your progress!

This.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone that joined in helping David. To Para for having this forum and allowing it to happen and to Carl for all his work. And the SF family for giving.

David I hope this helps you get on your feet and to a better life.

Bill

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. I am here in my car tonight watching the snow and keeping warm. The little heater is doing a good job. At mid morning its going below zero and Monday shows 61 degrees. Go figure. I have to get a ride up to Ohio to pick up my renewed drivers license. I've located several Toyota vans in very nice condition which I hope to see. Only got a couple people here I can ask to take me up. Hope you all are well. Friend Siegfried took me into town to get my phone turned back on.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
God bless you, brother. Please be careful with the cold.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
David, in these temps, get a motel room! You have the means to do that now and keep yourself healthy.