SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
mark, can you delete your post, I'll generate another photo. Thanks.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Sorry, just saw this. Looks like the boss caught it for me.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:
Sorry, just saw this. Looks like the boss caught it for me.

I hit the whammy button and reported your post. That way if you were out and about, a mod could edit as needed.

I know you didn't post to cause issue, sometimes the report post is faster. Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sabonim
Picture of Wayniac
posted Hide Post
I love the way the good people on this forum look out for each other.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~Hunter S. Thompson

Posts: 1438 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Everyone, I wanted to reassure you by posting a photo of the cashiers check for David, but that's probably not a good idea. Rest easy that I got it today and will be delivering it to David on Friday.

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Everyone, I wanted to reassure you by posting a photo of the cashiers check for David, but that's probably not a good idea. Rest easy that I got it today and will be delivering it to David on Friday.

Your word is all the proof anyone should need here.

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
My feeling is no proof needed. If you feel you have to prove it to someone send proof to Para.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
David, just sent you an email with my phone number. I'll be arriving in your area early tomorrow afternoon.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
A SIGForum member in good standing word is a bond...nothing else is required Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:

If Para and others here trust you that’s all I need to know.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
6guns - thanks for the reassurance, but for me it's not needed. Cool

I want to thank you again for stepping up to handle all this. Great job on you, and all who gave!

Tell David Lee I said hi!

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
quote:

Your word is all the proof anyone should need here.

^^^

Yep.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Safe travels, Carl.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A late Christmas for David, and Carl is Santa Claus!!

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Good morning, everyone. I'm very pleased to say I met David yesterday and delivered the check you all have contributed so much to. David was thrilled. We talked a little bit about some of the next steps he might take, he told me of living at the flea market and how he has helped the folks who work there. I saw his car, Old Silver and how it truly is down the for the count.

David is very thankful to everyone who helped and truly believes this gift will allow him to move forward and move up.

David, best of luck finding the job and home you want to have and transportation to get you there and back!

posted Hide Post
Great pic Carl. Thanks to you, Para and the forum for helping David out.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Best of luck to you David.

And Thanks to Para, Sigforum and 6Guns for making this possible.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Great pic. And finally put your face on your name, David. Love it! Cool
Carl, you are The man.
para, you are The boss man.
SIGforum, you are The men (& women).

Q

Posts: 26372 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Proof that the man ain't keeping nobody down.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
A gracious hellow to all my Sig Forum friends. That hansome fella 6guns did indeed make a 4 hour trip down yesterday. The check was $18,900.00 and it got deposited at my Credit Union, Kemba. I was quite frozen in that picture as the day started out at 9 degrees and wind.

Thank you from my heart for making the time 6guns. And thank you Para for kicking this off for me sir. I have much to contimplate going ahead of this Forum and its Membership. Without the help of you all, well, things were at the bottom of a down hill for me. I thank all the Members for coming to my aid.

The 40 pound box from wreckdriver was a impressive care package. The knife is sweet Mark. I am on the ipad now inside the Flea Market. Still waiting for the winter hat and long johns... Big Grin

The owner of the Market asked me when I will be getting a van and, said I need to get that POS, High Ol Silver out of here. My bottom lip was sticking out as she has been a fine old sedan and more. I will miss that old car. The hoods ornament is mine forever.

I am scouting Toyota vans and that darn Dodge cargo monster came back into the picture. He came down on its price but I am having a issue over the 360 ci motor for fuel economy.

Anyone remember that Rockey movie where he won the match and shouted out, all beaten up...Yo Adrian ? Yo Sig Forum ! Thank you for lifting me up.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post