SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Excellent!

Not to derail an excellent thread, but how is your wife doing?

She is doing great, thanks! No more issues with her pancreas, and her heart problems are under control. Smile

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
David Lee, the cargo van sounds perfect for a “camper conversion”.
It is a big van but I will probably keep it as it is. I will take darn good care of it as it is givin to me by a group of people I admire as family. I dont take lightly what Sig Forum Members have done for me. This whole thing I am determined to be life changing for me. Without you all helping, I dont know if I could weather the alternatives. This is life changing for me.

The only potential 'downside' I can see to a cargo van, is that they typically are just bare metal walls on the inside, so may be a good bit colder in the winter than an 'insulated' and carpeted minivan/passenger van.

I think a cargo van is a great open canvas to make it how you want. Foam insulation on floor roof and ceiling, plywood over the foam and build a simple bed frame out of 2x4's.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Hello everyone, I received more checks yesterday and anticipate more throughout the week, so I'll hold off on any announcement for another couple of days. I will say, David will be able to get a pretty darned nice newer vehicle and if he wants, real shelter while he seeks employment.

You are a Godsend my friend for everything you have done...may God bless you and SIGForum Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello everyone, I received more checks yesterday and anticipate more throughout the week, so I'll hold off on any announcement for another couple of days. I will say, David will be able to get a pretty darned nice newer vehicle and if he wants, real shelter while he seeks employment.
Such a tease. Razz Big Grin

I know this was a lot of work for you, Carl. You're a fine fellow!

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can’t wait to hear the final tally!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Unishot
posted Hide Post
Who's running the pool?

What's the over / under?

Cool Big Grin

Insert your favorite gun-related witticism here!

Posts: 653 | Location: TX | Registered: March 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
My hat is off to this bunch. When I joined I had no idea of the caliber of the members here.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:...

YOU HAD ONE JOB, CARL!!!!!

AND YOU'VE DONE IT, OUTSTANDING!!!

Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:...

YOU HAD ONE JOB, CARL!!!!!

AND YOU'VE DONE IT, OUTSTANDING!!!

Big Grin

I agree. Carl has gone above and beyond by taking on this task and doing an outsatnding job at it.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. A little update here. I got a lift down to McDonalds for coffee today. Taking a couple cups back with me. Tuesday morning, I drove 500 feet down to use thd outhouse at the Market. When I put the car in drive, for the 4th time I got a loud bang when moving forward. Drivers side rear, suspension crossmember broke and I got steel on the ground. I looked under to make sure my exhaust and fuel tank weren't one. I dragged it up to the top lot where I park amongst the stored campers. No more road driving for the Park Ave. The owner of the Market gave me a small electric heater and told me to plug in under the pabillion. This I will do as the weekend temps are going to zero and below.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hey friends, my ride is taking me back up now. I can try and check back as I get to wifi. Thank you all.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
A 6gun salute and hang in there David, help is around the corner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
Hello everyone. A little update here. I got a lift down to McDonalds for coffee today. Taking a couple cups back with me. Tuesday morning, I drove 500 feet down to use thd outhouse at the Market. When I put the car in drive, for the 4th time I got a loud bang when moving forward. Drivers side rear, suspension crossmember broke and I got steel on the ground. I looked under to make sure my exhaust and fuel tank weren't one. I dragged it up to the top lot where I park amongst the stored campers. No more road driving for the Park Ave. The owner of the Market gave me a small electric heater and told me to plug in under the pabillion. This I will do as the weekend temps are going to zero and below.

Blessings on that market owner.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oldrider:
My hat is off to this bunch. When I joined I had no idea of the caliber of the members here.

This place is very special. No doubt about it.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I didn't receive any checks yesterday, and only one today. I made the bank deposit this afternoon and any other checks I receive from here on will go right into the bank and be part of the total. I plan to take a road trip down to Kentucky next Tuesday, weather permitting.....we're supposed to get hit here this weekend with a snow storm and then additional snow early next week.

I know everyone is anxious to hear about totals raised to help David and it is quite impressive. As I'd said, he'll be able to not only get a new van/car, he'll be able to support himself for some time while seeking the employment he wants.

SIGforum raised $18,687.40 for David Lee!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frog in boiling water
posted Hide Post
Awesome !!!

Posts: 429 | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Holy crap! We ROCK!

Thanks Carl, and congratulations David!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Good stuff.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Outstanding. My thanks to you Carl for receiving all the funds and to Para for his guidance and leadership and to the wonderful SigForum family here.

Well done all!

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
SIGforum raised $18,687.40 for David Lee!

That is awesome!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post