SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Hello everyone. Yes, checks still coming in. I've received quite a few, but based on pledged checks via email that I haven't yet received, I'd like to wait before reporting any $ amounts. But what a generous bunch of great people!!!

Drum roll.....Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
I hope Dave can get the ride he is hoping for and use the rest to get a computer for the training he needs.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Hello all, had 2 snowey and rainey days at the Flea Market. We didn't even open due to very few customers. I helped unload Joes truck from the auction and that was that. Had near 2 days with no heat in the car and it decides to work now. The rear tires go down below 15 pounds every 3 days. I just aired them up and its left rear and rim have a nice red coat of rust water.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Keep your chin up Dave - help is on its way.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I've been looking at vans and mini vans some on line. One large cargo has my attention in the full size. Its a long one and very, very low milage. That one is in extremely nice condition, even its underside shows all nice factory paint and no rust. Its not a eco van but has lots of room inside. I like the Sienna van and have seen 2 in particular which are nice with 122 to 140 thousand miles. That big cargo only has 31,000. I wish the Siennas had darker interior as dirt would show less. I really like the cargo van.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
There is a package at Joes house sent by one of you good folks. I asked him not to break it or drop it and he will bring it down Wednesday.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
There is a package at Joes house sent by one of you good folks. I asked him not to break it or drop it and he will bring it down Wednesday.

Make sure he ignores the ticking sounds too.

Smile

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Smile

Or meowing sounds...

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
quote:

Smile
Big Grin. Alarm clock ?

Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
David Lee, the cargo van sounds perfect for a “camper conversion”.

Posts: 26901 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Got an email from 6guns that he recieved my check.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Good morning all. Ol' Silver gave me a nice surprise on the way down the hill for coffee. The brakes lost stopping power and the peddle was near to the floor. Even when she came to a stop at the light, the pads allowed the car to slide forward about 6 feet from the rear of a Honda Pilot. I was about to shove it in park. The sounds of metal on metal are horrid. I had to back out of the parking spot and it seems like the calipers aren't releasing well. I've heard her make 2 loud bangs and I believe it is either the calipers unlocking.

SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
David, you really need to stop driving that death trap before you or someone else gets hurt. Hitch a ride or something for a little bit. Just concerned that the car will give out.

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You sure said it bigpond. A Member in Utah is getting the armrest duct work assembly as soon as I can ship it. A fellow at the camp grounds where I shower wants the car for parts. It has near new front tires, starter motor, radiator. He may have to trailer it home.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
It is a big van but I will probably keep it as it is. I will take darn good care of it as it is givin to me by a group of people I admire as family. I dont take lightly what Sig Forum Members have done for me. This whole thing I am determined to be life changing for me. Without you all helping, I dont know if I could weather the alternatives. This is life changing for me.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, I received more checks yesterday and anticipate more throughout the week, so I'll hold off on any announcement for another couple of days. I will say, David will be able to get a pretty darned nice newer vehicle and if he wants, real shelter while he seeks employment.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Excellent!

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4930 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
It is a big van but I will probably keep it as it is. I will take darn good care of it as it is givin to me by a group of people I admire as family. I dont take lightly what Sig Forum Members have done for me. This whole thing I am determined to be life changing for me. Without you all helping, I dont know if I could weather the alternatives. This is life changing for me.

The only potential 'downside' I can see to a cargo van, is that they typically are just bare metal walls on the inside, so may be a good bit colder in the winter than an 'insulated' and carpeted minivan/passenger van.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
Excellent!

Not to derail an excellent thread, but how is your wife doing?

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post