SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
Picture of Delmag Tech
posted Hide Post
Just logged in and made a PP donation. Thanks for your efforts, 6guns. David, best of luck on finding employment.

Posts: 743 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
Sorry I just saw this.
PP sent to 6guns

Thank you for helping a brother out...

David - Hang in there we'll get you through this.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6316 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check in the mail today. Thanks 6guns for spearheading the effort to help David.

Para: thank you for the forum.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
OK, I have a PayPal account set up now (I think). But I’ve searched all 19 pages of this thread for “PayPal”, but haven’t found any instructions for using it to make a contribution to help David. Need guidance!

Just log into PP and click on "Send Money" and enter 6guns email (in profile) and pick an amount, type a note telling him your SF user name and how it's for the David Lee collection. Hit Send.

That's it.

Thanks PASig, it appears to have worked. PayPal says that I sent the funds to a fellow whose initials are C. O. I hope that’s the right guy.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8951 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stay Classy!!
Picture of Crockett040
posted Hide Post
Paypal Sent.

Posts: 397 | Location: Iowa | Registered: July 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
PP on the way, 6guns.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Thanks PASig, it appears to have worked. PayPal says that I sent the funds to a fellow whose initials are C. O. I hope that’s the right guy.
It is.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Paypal sent.

Thanks for wrangling all the funds, 6guns.

DavidLee, I hope this new year proves to be a very good one for you.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have felt for a long time that this forum is one of the VERY best on the internet, and this effort to help a forum member that is down on his luck, has proven it in spades!!! Thanx Para for the forum and allowing the forum members to step up and help David.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Funds still best at this point or are you in need of any other items? Happy to pitch in. Hang in there D.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
6guns, I jUst dropped the MO in the mail.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11280 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Paypal Sent

Posts: 990 | Location: Windermere, Florida | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Late to the dance. PP sent.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
I imagine David will not read my last post soon, as this thread is blowing up (awesome!). Funds sent to 6-guns via Paypal. David, if you want any good outdoor clothing or spare tools, I can add to what I gave. It is nice for Para to provide this forum and to give us the chance to help Sig Forum brothers when they really need it.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PP sent. Thank to 6guns for doing this

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arflattop
posted Hide Post
6guns, money sent via PayPal. Thanks for doing this for David.

JPFO Life Member

Posts: 1216 | Location: Heartland of KY | Registered: January 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by f2:
David, Greetings. Was wondering if you needed a pocket carry knife? Let me know and it's yours - new in box never used. Also, do you need a flashlight? I could get you a AAA or AA, depending on your batter choice. Used, perfect operating condition. Just let me know!
Hey thank you. I have the smallest Swiss army I've ever seen. Use those little scissors now and then. I would use the pocket knife though. I have a small LED looking flash light. It works pretty good and its batteries seem to hold a charge. When I was disconnecting my battery due to the ride leveling draining it, I held that little light in my mouth at night.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I picked up a pair of modern thermal bottoms today, will get those in the mail tomorrow.
Thank you 46and2, I will wear those for certain as it gets cold under the outdoor pavillion.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
I just noticed this thread. 19 pages already! I am glad to help a fellow member. Is there a list of things you need David (I have lots of extra clothes, tools etc) or is a cash donation the best thing?
I need a pair of stilts for my back tires... Big Grin. My friend gave me a lift to Ohio today to renew my license and plates. He looked at High Ol' Silver from the rear and said, " That car is finished." They lean in so bad at their top.