SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
6guns, email sent for your address to send a check to.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David, can’t help but think how sleeping in a car during the winter is uncomfortable to say the least. Even with all the supplies you are getting from the forum.
We have a guest appartment ready for you to stay in with a king size bed, shower, TV, internet, fridge, seperate entrance, etc.
We live in the mountains Murphy, NC and can pick you up. Get rest, get your situation figured out.
Free. I personally do not have many posts but I live with Sig member Jim Smith (sig229-SAS)
and we both welcome you!

Posts: 266 | Registered: June 03, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turning_gal:
David, can’t help but think how sleeping in a car during the winter is uncomfortable to say the least. Even with all the supplies you are getting from the forum.
We have a guest appartment ready for you to stay in with a king size bed, shower, TV, internet, fridge, seperate entrance, etc.
We live in the mountains Murphy, NC and can pick you up. Get rest, get your situation figured out.
Free. I personally do not have many posts but I live with Sig member Jim Smith (sig229-SAS)
and we both welcome you!

This is incredible. I hope David gives it serious consideration. This place is unbelievable.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Money sent via PP to 6guns.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sent a few dollars, good luck. I remember sleeping in the back seat of a 66 Mustang for a week, in the snow and 15 degree weather. It was not comfortable.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PayPal sent to 6guns. I wish I could send more, but recently received some unexpected vet and roof repair bills.

The people here are excellent. I read and learn here way more than I post. I'm too dumb to offer much knowledge. In regard to David Lee, if you need clothing, I have lots of large sized shirts I will ship to you. You can send a shipping address to my email, which is my username @hotmail.com.

Posts: 847 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Turning_gal:
and we both welcome you!

What a great thing to do!

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Sent !

Posts: 1347 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I was just telling a friend we were doing this for David, and he pulled a $20 out of his pocket and said send this to him, too.

So 6Guns just got another PP for $20.

Keep it going guys!

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
FYI, for some reason, yahoo mail has grouped some members emails together. If you get a reply with other members in the email thread, this is why. I'm sorry for the confusion. I'm writing separate emails to the other members.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JPD217
posted Hide Post
6guns, money order mailed this morning, wish it was more, but it's what I can afford right now.

All the best David, I'm hoping this gets you what you need right now and praying that things turn around for you long term.

Posts: 2585 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: August 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Donation sent, along with prayers and best Karma wishes.

Be safe, Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is what a community/forum is all about.

David Lee:

If you need any sweatshirts or boots post your size. I have tons of brand new sweatshirts in totes that still have the tags on them. Most are XL and XXL. I also have a few golf shirts that still have the tags on them.

For boots I have quite a few pairs that are brand new in box courtesy of Uncle Sam. At least two pairs are for winter. You are more than welcome to them but they are light brown/sand color. I also have a brand new pair of Red Wing boots I bought but never wore. Most of my boots are 9.5 to 10.5 and in Wide, maybe a couple pairs of 11's. (I have a weird foot.)

PP donation on the way.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigpond73:
I went to sleep last night, pondering some things, and awoke to some more questions. Just trying to think of some logistics here.

First of all, we need to figure out what David wants to do. He has expressed his desire to stay in KY, and his desire to work in some sort of CNC field. He has an offer from ES Dunbar for a job, however it is not in KY. Tubetone, in the other thread, mentioned what would seem like a perfect job at Sig Sauer, but that is in NH, perhaps too far away for David. We just need to know what David wants. Either way, staying in KY at the flea market, or making a move, is up to him, and I believe we all would support him whatever his decision may be.

This brings up my second concern, related to the first, a vehicle. If David stays in KY, something more homey like, I think, would be best. A full size van, a class C cabover motorhome, a truck with a bed camper or tow behind camper may all be good viable options. If David decides he wants one of the jobs listed previously, out of state, maybe the money will be better spent on a reliable to and from work vehicle, and a studio apartment. Another option is, if he took one of the jobs, and had a camper or motorhome, to park it at a trailer park. Also, think of registration and insurance to keep you legal, and what that will run you for your selected vehicle.

We also need to know what size shoes, pants, jackets etc. that you wear, so some members can send you some clothes.

What else do you need, David? If something specific, let us know. Hopefully you won't be sleeping in the cramped drivers seat of your Chrysler much longer. Let's get you on the path to having a roof over your head, a solid income, and a reliable vehicle. Hang in there bud, help's on the way.

Well said Mike, we want to help, are helping, but maintain respect for David and the choices that he makes.

Today is a new day, so David Be Blessed and thank you for sharing with us and allowing us to help.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could someone post items that are needed/wanted by David. I have a lot of things to donate, just don’t know what is needed, or with clothing, sizes. Also, need address to ship.

Sorry if this has already been posted, as I couldn’t read all the pages.

Steve

I Drink & I Know Things

Posts: 352 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
6guns,

Money sent via PP.

JP

Posts: 2047 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum's Indian
Off the Reservation
Picture of bigpond73
posted Hide Post
Thank you David (redstone). My wife and I will never forget how you and this forum helped us in a time of need, again, thank you.

We have a lot of sympathy for Davids plight. My wife and I have been there. Heck, we are still living in our fifth wheel (for going on 12 years now) as our house is being built. Everyone needs a little help now and then, and it needs to be done respectfully. This community is the greatest, truly no other like it.

Now, let's get David squared away. Smile

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Posts: 4929 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: January 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrapteam666:
This is what a community/forum is all about.

David Lee:

If you need any sweatshirts or boots post your size. I have tons of brand new sweatshirts in totes that still have the tags on them. Most are XL and XXL. I also have a few golf shirts that still have the tags on them.

For boots I have quite a few pairs that are brand new in box courtesy of Uncle Sam. At least two pairs are for winter. You are more than welcome to them but they are light brown/sand color. I also have a brand new pair of Red Wing boots I bought but never wore. Most of my boots are 9.5 to 10.5 and in Wide, maybe a couple pairs of 11's. (I have a weird foot.)

PP donation on the way.

What mrapteam666 said. Since my recent retirement I have two huge trashbags full of t shirts sweaters, jeans, cargo pants. I have no need of them since I'm not on the job anymore. Verizon lineman & fiber optic splicer. 40 to 42 waist, 32 length, some 30. 2X,3X in tops. Some belts also.
You want them David, they are yours. As redstone said, it comes down to what YOU want to do, and what you need.
Anything to help a brother out.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
M.O. sent this AM. Thank 6guns for your time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Paypal sent to 6guns. Thanks to all for doing this. This is a great group here.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post