SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed*
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A call for help, to the members of this forum *now closed* Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...840027154#7840027154

I am asking the members of this forum to help David. This is a ten year, 15000 post member and I believe his story is the truth. I had no idea that we have a forum member who is living in an old car.

Some time ago, I began refusing almost all crowdfunding requests in this forum, because it had gotten out of hand. There have been exceptions, and this will be another. That post was hard to read and I imagine others here will feel the same.

Let's step up and help this man. Those of you who have emailed me about this matter- you have a green light to do your best.

Let's go, SIGforum. Let's go.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm in

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Count me in as well..

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3909 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Let us know what you are thinking. A new (used) car or housing or whatever.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I owe karma forward. Show me the way.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11444 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Let us know what you are thinking. A new (used) car or housing or whatever.
First thing the man needs is a decent car.

Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
If someone is collecting funds, let me know where to send a check.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm in too. Whoever takes charge of this, funds will be incoming.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I'm in! Need to know where to send the money order.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We need a volunteer- someone who has been with us a long time, someone who is with us daily, someone we can trust without question- to collect the funds.

posted Hide Post
I am in as well. Let mw know how can I send some funds.

Posts: 1803 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
I'd be glad to help. This is a hand up, not a hand out.

I don't do paypal though, hope that's not a problem.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'd volunteer, but my work schedule doesn't allow me to get to a bank before Jan 16. If that's acceptable, I'll do it. Email in my profile.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is gonna be fun! Love it when the forum mobilizes.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm in as well.

It looks like he is 30 min south of Cincinnati in Kentucky.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para. Alright guys, who are we gonna designate to collect funds? I’m ready to send a check. 6guns is fine with me, the 16th is just 12 days away.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hillbilly Wannabe
posted Hide Post
I also could collect funds if 6guns can't.
I visit the forum daily , though I don't post often. Long time member.

If not, I'm in for a donation.

Posts: 2545 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
I am in para
Will keep wathing this thread to see where funds go.
I have a oval plate mint 2022 i was going list here.
If i get time ,i can list that lnib pistol,and have all the fund's sent to the sig forum member collecting funds for dave.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Absolutely.

Posts: 1453 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Will help when we have a place to send to.

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 1990 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post