SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unnecessarily Complicated New Cars
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unnecessarily Complicated New Cars Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
"Get rid of those child-proof locks, put suicide doors on the cars, and start weeding out the undesirables," I said in my best Red Foreman voice.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of redleg2/9
posted Hide Post
Two cars I wish I still had: a '55 Chevy Delray with no airbags or seat belts, and a '64 Porsche 356SC with no rear child locks. Big Grin

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2273 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redleg2/9:
Two cars I wish I still had: a '55 Chevy Delray with no airbags or seat belts, and a '64 Porsche 356SC with no rear child locks.
My 1963 356B did not have factory seat belts. I had the dealer install them before I drove it away.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least you don't have to set spark advance with a lever on the steering wheel anymore.

Posts: 158 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^Or use manually operated windshield wipers.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I remember when all cars had three pedals. Vacuum operated windshield wipers that slowed down going uphill and whipped back and forth when going down a hill. Headlight dimmer switch on the floor. Window cranks. Distributors with points and condensers.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
I remember the first time I encountered a keyless car (just had a fob in my hand). I rented a car in Shreveport, LA and couldn't figure out how to start the damned thing. Had to call my brother, who laughed his ass off while telling me I had to step on the brake before pushing the START button. It was a stressful time and I wasn't nearly as amused as he......it's hilarious now. Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
My mother needed me to drive her new Corvette convertible to meet her somewhere in the middle of winter several years back. She had it parked in the garage with the top down and I couldn't figure out how to get it up.

I put on an extra coat and drove it in freezing temperatures on the highway with it down.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
we kids used to say "if its too loud , you 're too old"

now that I am 60 y.o.
seems like if its too complicated , you are too old

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54612 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
we kids used to say "if its too loud , you 're too old"

now that I am 60 y.o.
seems like if its too complicated , you are too old

I must say, I think you're onto something there.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post