SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Traveling to Mexico?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling to Mexico? Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I cannot say much that has not been said. I would just add that my wife's security is my biggest priority, always.
So I would be evaluating that as my first concern and give it the most consideration in choosing someplace outside the US. Hopefully you are doing that.

You being killed could be better than what could happen to her in someplace's outside the US.

Do your due diligence before taking her someplace where you can not protect her. As that is your primary job imho.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19172 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
That doesn't look like the "authentic" experience I had. My experience included a pair of MAC-10's interrogating us for 30 min. because we were too stupid to tip them.

Your villa looks a lot nicer. Plus the balconies support automatic fire from the high ground.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
In the last decade, I used to travel each year to Puerto Vallarta for business, but haven't in a few years. Used to be OK, but when El Chapo bullshit arrives at the doorstep of the hotel and restaurant I used to frequent, no thanks.

A barometer of the cartel infiltration of a resort town is to find out if the local upper crust business people hire bodyguards. It started recently in PV.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16688 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Friend recently got back from two weeks in MX. First week was in Puerto Vallarta area building houses for Habitat. They travelled in convoys, had security, and were told not to leave the record where they stayed under any circumstances unless they were accompanied on an arranged trip. He spent the second week in Mexico City with some gringo friends and had a great time exploring.

I've sworn off MX since a DEA presentation in college 20 years ago. I really want to go and have extended family in Guadalajara but I'm having a hard time shaking off what I know about what goes on down there. I may go next year or I might never go again. Trying to figure out the line between too cautious and stupid. My head says no way but my belly says hell yeah, taco tour.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steyn
posted Hide Post
I was born and raised in a 3rd World hellhole; only came to Canada in my early 30s.

It’s beyond my powers of comprehension WHY IN THE WORLD people here in the civilized countries would willingly vacation in places like the one I was born in (or even worse ones).

Posts: 389 | Registered: October 12, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
It’s a beautiful place and you’ll have fun. Honestly it’s not any more risky then spending time in San Diego.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2245 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post