SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody follow Jim Rogers?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody follow Jim Rogers? Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Any fans/devotees of Jim Rogers here?

In surveying my next reading push, I’m thinking about one or more of his books.

Rogers was often seen on financial TV some years ago. He started back in the ‘70’s with George Soros, went off in his own at some point. He has circumnavigated the globe a couple of times, once by motocycle, I hear.

He now lives in Singapore in anticipation of the increasing influence of Asia in the world economy.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
I read one of his books. Gripping is not a word I would apply to the description. You may feel differently.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
I think he brought the bow tie back single handed.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not read any of his books, but have read articles and seen him speak on news shows. I consider him knowledgeable and financially astute. I listen to what he has to say. I'm sure it would be worthwhile to add him to your reading list.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The Jim Rogers I know sells grips at gun shows. He's also known by his former nickname, Pizza Man. In other news, he's been trying to buy my ratty old set of Kearsarge grips (N frame). So is David Carroll, but he wants the gun they're attached to.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Followed him for a long time, I will heed his outlook on commodities from time to time.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Haha. That’s my name.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post