SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nikki Haley resigns as ambassador to UN
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikki Haley resigns as ambassador to UN Login/Join 
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted
Nikki Haley, U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, has resigned, CBS News' Fin Gomez has confirmed, according to a senior administration source.

President Trump has accepted her resignation, but he tweeted that a "big announcement" was coming at 10:30 a.m.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Big announcement with my friend Ambassador Nikki Haley in the Oval Office at 10:30am.

10:18 AM - Oct 9, 2018
6,870 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
White House press secretary Sarah Sanders told pool reporters in a statement, "President Trump and Ambassador Nikki Haley will meet in the Oval Office at 10:30 a.m. this morning" in an event open to cameras and the press pool, meaning only a handful of journalists will be present.

Axios first reported Haley's resignation.

Haley has charted her own course during the Trump administration, admitting in a recent op-ed that sometimes she disagrees with the president. Her op-ed was a response to an anonymous op-ed published in the New York Times from someone who identified as a senior administration official. Haley's op-ed was headlined, "When I challenge the president, I do it directly. My anonymous colleague should have, too."link

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5643 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I think she has been a tremendous asset to the country and I wish her well. I trust her sights are on bigger and better things.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I admire Haley. I hope we haven't seen the last of her.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
"big announcement" = Replace Sessions with Haley...

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:

Huh...

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10861 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
She may run against Trump in 2020.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
President on right now with Ambassador Haley

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Huh...

Better option than the current AG

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2659 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
quote:

Huh...

I was guessing Lindsey G. would replace Sessions.

Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:

I hope not. Would much rather see her replace Pence on the ticket. I just don't see him being electable after Trump.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
quote:

She just said "no" to 2020, and that she would support Trump.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4988 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:

I hope not. Would much rather see her replace Pence on the ticket. I just don't see him being electable after Trump.

I believe Haley wants to challenge Trump. We'll see.

Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
She may be talked into 2024 , I think she would be an excellent one following Trump.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mark_a:
quote:

I believe Haley wants to challenge Trump. We'll see.

No way.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
quote:

Yeah, and last year Elizabeth Warren said she would not run for the Dems. Do you trust anything a politician says? They are all liars.

Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
She's already said she's supporting Trump, so I guess y'all can dump that derail... dear Lord!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6192 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by steve495:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FishOn:

Nikki Haley is one I would trust. That's one of her greatest traits, honesty.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
But more importantly, does she get to keep the curtains?

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Leaving at the end of the year.

I have to ask you guys- why the knee-jerk reaction to think of the worst? Why the immediate reaction of "She's going to run in 2020 and oppose President Trump."

Why, guys? Why?

Why do some of you go straight to "It's a disaster"?

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:

What makes you think that? Mainstream party candidates generally do not run against sitting Presidents from their party.

And Presidents don't replace their VPs. It makes it seem as if they made a mistake.

What is with you guys?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post