This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/8030001844

October 09, 2018, 10:25 AM
FishOn
Nikki Haley resigns as ambassador to UN
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Leaving at the end of the year.

I have to ask you guys- why the knee-jerk reaction to think of the worst? Why the immediate reaction of "She's going to run in 2020 and oppose President Trump."

Why, guys? Why?

Why do some of you go straight to "It's a disaster"?

Sorry Para. I do like her very much.
October 09, 2018, 10:29 AM
parabellum
Anyone who wants to hear "It's a disaster" about anything that happens in the Trump administration can get that shit 24/7 from CNN, MSNBC and the like. They think the very same way.

That's called a clue, gents.
October 09, 2018, 10:30 AM
BigSwede
Trumps choices only get better, can't wait

October 09, 2018, 10:35 AM
RHINOWSO

Relax... Everything is going to be FINE...
October 09, 2018, 10:39 AM
220-9er
I think she took this job to polish up her resume for some future job on the national stage.
Governor, check.
Foreign policy experience, check.
She seemed to do a pretty good job and since she's not leaving for a few months she must be on good terms.
Trump mentioned that she may be back at a later time in a different position. I suspect shes going to move up the food chain when that happens.

October 09, 2018, 10:40 AM
smschulz
quote:
"She's going to run in 2020 and oppose President Trump."

I thought I heard she will NOT run in 2020 and will be supporting Trump. Confused
October 09, 2018, 10:41 AM
FishOn
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Anyone who wants to hear "It's a disaster" about anything that happens in the Trump administration can get that shit 24/7 from CNN, MSNBC and the like. They think the very same way.

That's called a clue, gents.

Very good point, and I agree.
October 09, 2018, 10:45 AM
FishOn
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
I think she took this job to polish up her resume for some future job on the national stage.
Governor, check.
She seemed to do a pretty good job and since she's not leaving for a few months she must be on good terms.
Trump mentioned that she may be back at a later time in a different position. I suspect shes going to move up the food chain when that happens.

I agree.
October 09, 2018, 10:49 AM
sigmonkey
Very nice.

I liked the tone, the discussion, the direct and candid address to the press and their questions.

Better to do it like this, than for someone to leak the information and have wild and baseless speculation, accusation and inferring more into the situation that exists.

Heck, look at how some of the folks here respond, and on "our team". We know all to well how the left of sanity go utter batshit crazy at the thought of red meat.

Again, Mr. MAGA sees things clearly and uses it to put his 3D chess piece deep into the other sides checker territory. "Oh MAGA, You've done it again!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
October 09, 2018, 10:54 AM
FishOn
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Very nice.

I liked the tone, the discussion, the direct and candid address to the press and their questions.

Better to do it like this, than for someone to leak the information and have wild and baseless speculation, accusation and inferring more into the situation that exists.

Heck, look at how some of the folks here respond, and on "our team". We know all to well how the left of sanity go utter batshit crazy at the thought of red meat.

Again, Mr. MAGA sees things clearly and uses it to put his 3D chess piece deep into the other sides checker territory. "Oh MAGA, You've done it again!"

I apologize. I am definitely on "our team"!
October 09, 2018, 10:58 AM
Jimbo54
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Governor, check.

I agree.

I don't get it. Why can't a person in her position just want to spend more time with their family and get out of the grinder for awhile without some nefarious agenda? I take her at her word.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
October 09, 2018, 11:13 AM
Angus the Kid
These type of positions are often short lived. It's like running at sprint speed for 2 years. I suspect she needs to rest and get acquainted with her family again.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
October 09, 2018, 11:16 AM
chellim1
quote:
Trump mentioned that she may be back at a later time in a different position. I suspect she's going to move up the food chain when that happens.

I won't speculate as to what is next for Nikki Haley but she has done a good job and I agree that she must be on good terms with President Trump. I think we'll see her again.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
October 09, 2018, 11:34 AM
FishOn
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Trump mentioned that she may be back at a later time in a different position. I suspect she's going to move up the food chain when that happens.

I won't speculate as to what is next for Nikki Haley but she has done a good job and I agree that she must be on good terms with President Trump. I think we'll see her again.

Agreed!
October 09, 2018, 11:59 AM
oddball
I'm sure Trump has known for a while.
He very well could have a candidate for the job in place, and announce it before the midterms. Could be somebody big.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965
October 09, 2018, 12:04 PM
bigdeal
Sorry to see her go. I thought she did a terrific job representing America's interests.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
October 09, 2018, 12:07 PM
yanici
I really liked Niki Haley as our UN Rep. She would have scared Nikita Kruschev shitless in his time. Wish her the best down the road.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]
October 09, 2018, 12:10 PM
parabellum
She's going to be the new Attorney General.

...or is that not enough gloom and doom for you guys?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
October 09, 2018, 12:20 PM
Crom
I just had an absolutely mind-boggling idea:
Nikki out....Kanye in

Imagine the exploding heads! Smile

It could happen. .....maybe.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."
October 09, 2018, 12:42 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
She may run against Trump in 2020.

Either you are a troll or VERY misinformed.

You won't find a more loyal Trump supporter than Haley, she's already told him months ago that she wanted to quit at the 2-year mark.

No, what you are saying is WHAT THE MEDIA is saying.
Roll Eyes