SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The first new Pat Condell video in months
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The first new Pat Condell video in months Login/Join 
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Just exchange a few words and this is exactly what is happening in America,with the defeat of the Hag.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
There are another class of people who don't want Brexit, those who know it's going to implode the English economy.

No it won't. The UK, along with Germany, carries much of the weight of the EU economy. The UK will probably eventually fail because it is so highly socialized and so ignorant on immigration policy, but the EU will fall first, well ahead of the UK.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="

In other words, the Western Left doesn't care about the average woman being raped, that isn't a real crime in their minds. They only care if someone doesn't want women to murder unborn babies, then it gets real for them.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, but there was some economics and management in there.

I get your point, but do you think what I'm saying is factually incorrect. Do you think that Brexit, especially a real Brexit, where they don't suck up to the EU on the way out, won't be an economic disaster for the UK?

Look at another issue. Not long before the Brexit vote, Scotland narrowly voted to stay in the UK. Now with Brexit, especially if it becomes economically nasty, might the Scots not rethink that? This may cost them a big chunk of territory (for a country, since it gave up it's empire, that really doesn't have that much of it.)

A few minor quibbles:

1. A prediction of future events can not be said to be factual or not prior to the events. In the US, the leftist press likes to claim that anyone who disagrees with their predictions is a liar. I assume that your press is the same way. But you might want to go back and look at how accurate their predictions have been. Brexit lost just like they predicted, right? No? Hmmm... So were they deliberately lying, or are they simply not as unquestionably brilliant and infallible as they pretend?

2. This kind of follows from "1" But "1" was getting long and I wanted to have three points. The leftist geniuses predicted that if Trump won the election that the stock market would crash, the economy would collapse. They said that we would enter a new dark age, that children would be left starving on the streets, we would be eating our own dogs and cats, and Americans would be trying to flee the the Utopia of Venezuela. When anyone (even Trump) disagreed with their predictions, we were called liars. Guess what. They were wrong. So are they liars or just the stupidest people on the planet? Hard to say.

3. If London were really going to tank, wouldn't that mean that London real estate would also tank? And anticipating this disaster, wouldn't it already be tanking in anticipation? Particularly at the upper end, you know the smart money with their finger on the pulse of the economy? Well is it tanking? I thought that London real estate was going ever higher. Maybe I'm wrong on this. I don't buy many multi-million pound homes in London. But that was the impression I had.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are another class of people who don't want Brexit, those who know it's going to implode the English economy. London will go from being the commercial capital of the biggest trading block in the world, to the capital of an irrelevant little island off of Europe. Dublin and Frankfurt will eat its lunch.

I get the idea that they want to maintain their own sovereignty. But they're going to find out exactly how much economic pain that's worth.

If your assumptions are correct why is their so much capital pouring into London?
I was in London a few months ago and was surprised at all the new luxury high rise condo's ($3-20 million units) and office buildings being built.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The EU isn't afraid of Britain failing- They're afraid of Britain succeeding.

If it was certain Britain would fail with the Brexit the EU would be all for it since it would force the others into line and Britain would come back with its tail between its legs.

Boom.

Every time someone somewhere rejects progressive policies of any kind we are told they’re going to have to hire an army of bulldozers to clear the piles of corpses that will inevitably litter the streets. It just never happens.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
I doubt England would become “irrelevant” still a center for banking and insurance.
As you are well aware England wasn’t fully integrated int the EU monetarily.

And not to be rude, but some on the continent would welcome less English tourists.

So, aside from travel I really don’t see the advantage of “staying”.

quote:
There are another class of people who don't want Brexit, those who know it's going to implode the English economy. London will go from being the commercial capital of the biggest trading block in the world, to the capital of an irrelevant little island off of Europe. Dublin and Frankfurt will eat its lunch.

I get the idea that they want to maintain their own sovereignty. But they're going to find out exactly how much economic pain that's worth.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
There must be a way to put Mr. Connell in the Supreme Court when RBG buys the farm...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by asonie:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
The EU isn't afraid of Britain failing- They're afraid of Britain succeeding.

If it was certain Britain would fail with the Brexit the EU would be all for it since it would force the others into line and Britain would come back with its tail between its legs.

Boom.

Every time someone somewhere rejects progressive policies of any kind we are told they’re going to have to hire an army of bulldozers to clear the piles of corpses that will inevitably litter the streets. It just never happens.

This, give it a year or two and once the noise settles and the UK is back to where they are today (it may take less time) the other countries that are tired of Brussels will start leaving. Only western and northern europe will remain....and I am hoping the Finns wise up as well.

In 5 to 10 years N and W europe will be a utopian progs shell of its once wonderful self...

20 years and it will be a caliphate

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
There must be a way to put Mr. Connell in the Supreme Court when RBG buys the farm...

Unless he goes through hormone therapy, that seat is likely to be a female appointee.

Connell is fantastic, straight forward, nails his points.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
George Santayana said "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it."

I am old enough to remember the world pre-EU. Preceding it was the European Economic Community, or EEC.

Before the EU, Great Britain and Germany were the top economic powers of Europe. Then, as a friend of mine (a former CIA analyst) said, "The Germans are now doing economically what they couldn't do militarily."

My money is on the Brits not only surviving Brexit, but becoming stronger economically.

That is, if the Muslim invasion hasn't already brought them to their knees.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
RIDDLE:
What do you call people who invite into their home a gang of serial murderers and rapists, give them bedrooms right next to their own sons and daughters, and then ignore it when their children are (not surprisingly) raped and murdered?
ANSWER:
Europe

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
It was my understanding that the UK was not going to completely disappear in a whiff of vapor after extricating itself from the Jim Jones group suicide pact of the EU. Therefore, all of its atmosphere, assets, real property, intellectual property, land mass, ocean rights, natural resources from the core of the Earth to the stratosphere, production and global affiliations and revenues will still be as intact and operational as they were before their timely escape. Or I could be mistaken.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Really?

https://www.reuters.com/articl...market-idUSKCN1L81G2

quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:

If your assumptions are correct why is their so much capital pouring into London?
I was in London a few months ago and was surprised at all the new luxury high rise condo's ($3-20 million units) and office buildings being built.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pat's on a roll. Notice the parallels between the losers in Brexit wanting another referendum on the matter, just like the whining commies in this country, over the 2016 Presidential election.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post