SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Mega millions winnings
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mega millions winnings Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I'll let you know tomorrow what I plan to do with it.

Posts: 10899 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
With $800M your life would change as you know it. There is no "doing the same thing" or anything like that.

You'd have to go dark. Sell your house. Go into seclusion to keep the leaches at bay.

$800M cash would cause way more problems for you than it would solve.

We
EXACTLY! There was a man and his wife who worked where I worked. The Lotto was at 35 million and they bought a ticket together and shared the winnings. They kept working, saying their lives would stay just the same.
One of my friends was a very close friend of theirs. I told him they would have to quit as soon as they figure out how much their life had changed. It took 2 months.
Who would get up at 4 am to be at work at 5 am and work 10hrs and forced 2 out of every 3 Saturdays to work, when you have 35 million?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I'd buy a YUGE ranch in Texas and have a 7 day SIGforum party. I'd fly any SIGforum member and one significant other in for the epic week. BBQ, shooting at the range, bragging rights, name tags, dining, gun show, drawing for a new SIG each night.....the works. Big Grin

Way to be Darth! I'm in! It'll be epic.
If I win... I'll do the same for all of my SIGforum friends. Party on, Wayne! Party on, Darth!

....just don't expect me to take my shirt off in the pool. Big Grin That could kill the whole party mood for the week. I also like Ensigmatic's idea of a commemorative 10mm 220 for each attendee. Also, I want to edit the attendee list. Families are welcome. Moms, dads, kids.... We'll have activities for all. Accommodations for all.

After that, my plan is to run a farm where people who find themselves homeless and would like to work their way back into society, can come, live in provided bungalos, get some healthcare, have some security and human services while they work the fields and earn a true wage. When they feel ready......fly and be free. I don't care if it ever makes money. I'll invest the rest of the 800 million left after the SIGfest and make the gains last as long as possible until it's either all gone or the farm self sustains. As for me and Mrs DF. We'll be fine. We don't need to be rich.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29678 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Set up my family, my wife's family, then I'm going to disappear.
There's going to be a few different houses involved around the country... And a boat.

Some lucky SOB here on the Sig Forum is going to get one hell-of-a Karma to too! Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8333 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RaiseHal
posted Hide Post
An epic, million round SigForum shoot.

Then I'd disappear and travel the world giving money to worthy causes.

It's a shame that youth is wasted on the young --- Mark Twain

Anyone who is not a liberal by age 20 has no heart; anyone who is not a conservative by age 40 has no brain---Winston Churchill

Posts: 4650 | Location: The Free State of Georgia | Registered: August 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post

Razz

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
I'll likely spring for the tire shine at the car wash next time.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
God would never let me win that kind of money because it would absolutely ruin my life and anyone associated with me.

Posts: 33748 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
God would never let me win that kind of money because it would absolutely ruin my life and anyone associated with me.
Yeah, well, in the words of Bo Derek, anyone who says that money can't buy happiness simply doesn't know where to shop.

Posts: 107459 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

I have been nearly the same thing for the last few years...

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post
Buy a ranch and rescue every dog possible, hire trainers, and get them adopted out.

Posts: 10201 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
32nd degree
Picture of roarindan
posted Hide Post
Me… I'm buying a new lunch pail !!!!!

"the world doesn't end til yer dead, 'til then there's more beatin's in store, stand it like a man, and give some back"
Al Swearengen

Posts: 4586 | Location: East Overshoe, second buckle from the top. | Registered: January 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
I'd start a company to help people achieve their dreams. Might sound corny, but how many of you have had an idea but lacked the means or funds to see it manifest? I think being able to do that for people would be amazing. From creating apps, to music, to new electronics, etc... Networking with people of skill and connecting them with people who have ideas. And I would want the people with the idea and the people who helped bring it to life to reap the benefits of what they create, meaning no 50% ownership by the company like shark tank. Maybe a 5-8% stake for the company in any endeavor. With that kind of money I would hope most projects could be funded through money made on investments. Maybe my head is in the clouds on this but its something I'd love to do.

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Besides select family and friends...including all y'all freaks and maladjusts I would be that quiet old man that comes off the mountain a couple times a year for mail and coffee.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jester814:
Buy a ranch and rescue every dog possible, hire trainers, and get them adopted out.

^^^^^^^^
Many rescue organizations would get a big break Smile

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Whoever wins that money touched me inappropriately 30 years ago.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My Time is Yours
Picture of davetruong
posted Hide Post
Oh man...I can't even imagine

God, Family, Country.

Posts: 6007 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: October 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
Well, there would be one hell of a Karma...

Para, I don't know how much it costs you to run this joint, but that would no longer be an issue.

The wife and I would see the world.

The boys would not see a substantial amount of cash until they had their college degrees. Then, I would set them up but they would still have to volunteer a significant amount of their time to then needy.

I would write a big check to Ohio State.

St. Jude's and the Shriner's would have a bunch of cash to help in their missions.

My wife will start the dog rescue she has always wanted.

My only real splurge will be guitars and guns.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
The Boonker. That kind of guap, you need a Boonker.

I'm gonna buy a bunch of cheap Soviet armor, paint it up in UN livery, and park it out in the woods surrounded by razorwire fences. Put up big ol' signs announcing that it's globalist property or some such, and wait for the conspiracy nuts to find it and go apeshit speculating what horrible thing the Jews have planned for us.

Please buy enough to park some in the middle of a clearing to spell out UN so the drone/ satellite crowd can get in on the fun as well.

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Whoever wins that money touched me inappropriately 30 years ago.

#me too!

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post