SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long does it take for a GSD and Black Mouth Cur to eat a 18oz steak when your back is turned?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long does it take for a GSD and Black Mouth Cur to eat a 18oz steak when your back is turned? Login/Join 
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Forgot to mention.

Our doberman shepherd had a daily ritual.

He had a self filling food dish, we use it for our current dog still.

Every night at bed time he would go into his food area and take a couple kibbles and bring them to us in the bedroom and drop them on the floor in front of us and then look at us.

We'd tell him thank you and then tell him to eat his dinner. He'd gobble up those kibbles and go back to the feeder to eat.

What a sweet dog! He'd share his dinner with us every night. He was a good boy and I miss him.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Snapping Twig,

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fred knows if he is patient, I'll share. But bacon, is his weakness.

P226 9mm CT
Springfield custom 1911 hardball
Glock 21
Les Baer Special Tactical AR-15

Posts: 1125 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spooky39:
So for future reference.... For those that had their dogs scarf down raw meat products, especially chicken, did you take any courses of action following those incidents? Any concern for bacteria crap? Just expect a couple maybe heinous BMs or a round or two of baring? Anyone have to deal with consumed bone-in products? I ask because I have an 80 lb Chocolate Lab (2yo) and a 40 lb Australian Cattle Dog (1.5yo). Working on training them, but they are young, thick-headed, and driven (part of the positives of their breeds). Thanks!

Mike

Our dogs get raw bone in chicken 5 days a week. We have 5 Shih Tzu's, a Boxer and an Olde English Bulldogge

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
A friend of mine feeds his show dogs nothing but frozen raw chicken (and some treats).

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shoots Flies
at Fifty Yards!
Picture of SuhlShooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
quote:
Originally posted by SuhlShooter:
I lost 3 of 5 pounds of ground round that I was frying on the stove top. Out of a hot frying pan! With the heat on! He stood on back legs, paws on either side of a hot frying pan! Not just starting to cook, but almost done!

Wait. You still used the remaining 2 pounds of ground beef? Confused

Nope... the other, not so bold dogs, got the rest for supper.

Posts: 3028 | Location: Hit the ground running in Moultrie, GA | Registered: July 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The time interval is that which light takes to cover the distance between these two points:

><

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Mine doesn't exactly eat it. More like one quick gulp and it's gone.

It's that anaconda gene.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our two (primarily the younger/taller one) pulled a plate of 12 freshly pattied 1/3lb burgers off the counter and had them gone in the time that it took me to walk to the fridge and grab a beer - less than 10ft away. I heard the plate hit the floor and there was hardly anything left other than a huge dog fight over the scraps. There were a LOT of raw onions in those burgers...

Shawn

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
It's a very difficult question to answer, because, physically, the steak is already consumed by the time the light travels from the pooch across the room to your eyes so that you even know the event has occurred. It's faster than your nerves and brain can process. Because of our current understanding of physics, we can deduce what had occurred, but to an observer, it's as if the steak has simply blinked out of existence.

It can happen in a jiffy!

How long is a jiffy, you ask?

The term jiffy refers to a brief, usually unspecified, interval of time . In scientific and lay applications, it can refer to any of several specific time spans. The most common interpretation is 0.01 second.

In computer engineering, the length of time between successive microprocessor clock cycle s is sometimes called a jiffy. This interval gets shorter as clock speeds increase. In a computer with a 2- gigahertz microprocessor, the jiffy is 0.5 nanosecond or 5 x 10 -10 second. In a machine with a 3-gigahertz microprocessor, the jiffy is 0.333 nanosecond (3.33 x 10 -10 second).

In some circles, the length of time required for one alternating-current ( AC ) utility power cycle is called a jiffy. In the United States and Canada, this is 1/60 second. In many other countries, it is 1/50 second.

In some publications, the term jiffy refers to 0.001 second. In others, it corresponds to the length of time required for a beam of light to travel one foot in free space; this is approximately 1 nanosecond. In still others, it refers to 3.3357 times 10 -11 seconds, which is the length of time it takes a ray of light to travel 1 centimeter in free space. Perhaps the most interesting interpretation is the one suggested by Richard Tolman early in the 20th century. He considered a jiffy to be the length of time it takes a photon (light particle) to travel from one side of a nucleon (neutron or proton) to the other. A nucleon has a diameter of about 10 -15 meter; a jiffy in this context is a paltry 3.3357 x 10 -24 second.

http://whatis.techtarget.com/definition/jiffy

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
M soon to be step son learned a tough lesson. Although He isn't much of an eater at 14, he does enjoy a good steak cooked med rare. I bought a few large, rib-eye beauts at Costco, about 25 ounces. He set it down in the living room to get a knife, came back and it was gone. The Rotti snorfeled it.

He did cry a bit. No back up steak for him.

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
My Mom's duo of labs once ate a full pound of breakmakers yeast.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post