SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How long does it take for a GSD and Black Mouth Cur to eat a 18oz steak when your back is turned?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How long does it take for a GSD and Black Mouth Cur to eat a 18oz steak when your back is turned? Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
About 5 seconds...

Dang hounds

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That's like, a whole minute, in doggy time.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised any device short of an atomic clock could measure that short a period of time.

Many moons ago, we had a Chihuahua/Manchester Terrier mix. She was my daughter's dog, heart and soul.

I left a steak on a plate on the coffee table while I ducked into the kitchen for something. I came back maybe 10 seconds later and Mugly was doing her damndest to drag that steak across the carpet. It was nearly as big as she was.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15207 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
The GSD once ate 9 hamburger patties including the butcher paper between them in 2 seconds flat. I dont think he even chewed at all.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PeterGV
posted Hide Post
Lost a good sized pork tenderloin off the counter one night to a Bernese Mountain Dog. I turned around, turned back, and it was...gone. I think he must have swallowed it whole.... cuz there really was no time to chew it.

Yes, it was raw.

No, there were no negative after affects... except that he now eyes every piece of meet on the counter and I don't leave any meat sitting by itself.

Posts: 1318 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: April 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
I'm surprised any device short of an atomic clock could measure that short a period of time.

Smile

I don’t even have a dog, but that was my first thought: “Is it possible to even divide time into such small increments as to measure something like that?”

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
My late blue Doberman managed to counter serf a nice plump chicken breast off a plate that I was about to take ou to the grill. He got half way to the back door before he figured out he was going to have me open the door for him.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Mine doesn't exactly eat it. More like one quick gulp and it's gone.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
My 5 month old sheltie almost got a steak a few weeks ago. He jumped on the chair and was sniffing it when I turned around and laughed and the quickly yelled at him.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
My Wheaten Terrier stood up along the kitchen counter last year and scarfed down a full plate of freshly grilled chicken breast. I literally went out to the garage for a 5 minutes and came back to a clean plate and a happy, sleeping dog. I'm still pissed at her! She at the whole families dinner! Mad Smile

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I had 5 raw Purdue chicken breasts on a plate in the kitchen, on the counter. They are relatively small portions.

I went out to light the grill, literally 15 feet away. less than 30 seconds.

I returned to the kitchen and the plate was licked clean. Claire was just looking at me, with a bewildered look on her face.

No, I could not even discipline her.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
I think we need to see pictures of the culprits.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
About 5 seconds less than it takes them to realize it may have been too hot.

Posts: 17880 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
My doberman Shepard was more of a bread and pastry thief.

Slices of bread, cakes set out to cool, like that.

75# and big enough to stand on his hind legs and take anything off the counter.

He specialized in these items because we had a lock down on the meat, knowing he'd go for it.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
My doberman inhales things. I have to put obstacles in her food bowl to slow her down.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Five loaves of fresh baked bread

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 707 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I know a Ridgeback can eat one in the blink of an eye

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
My Labrador ate a whole birthday cake in about five seconds candles and all , her face was covered in frosting acting like nothing happened.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

We had an Ibizan Hound/thief who take your food from your plate, on the kitchen counter, covered with paper towels, and when you came back the paper towels were just where you had left them, looked just the same, but there was no food underneath. We never did catch her in the act, so never figured out how she managed this. She was a master thief.

Posts: 10782 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Spooky39
posted Hide Post
We've got a Chocolate Lab who has an affinity for butter. Paula Deen would both love and hate him. He managed to snag 2 or 3 sticks of butter in a couple seconds. We have to keep a close eye on him when the butter is out as he is on the prowl.

Green Light!

Posts: 508 | Registered: February 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post