SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    You know what's cool? Appliance Brad, that's what.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

You know what's cool? Appliance Brad, that's what. Login/Join 
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted
The dishwasher wasn't working. I tell Brad what it's not doing. He uses his powers to know what the problem is without seeing it. He sends me a part. I find it on the machine. Replace the old part with the new. The dishwasher comes to life.

The end.

Posts: 45371 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
Brad is the "MAN".

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The "appliance whisperer" Cool

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brad knows a lot of guy stuff. That is totally cool.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
That's nice. He didn't even tell you to take the laptop to the washing machine so he can diagnose it.

but did he tell you to stand in front of the computer and take off your shirt?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words Mark. And thank you for your business.

Posts: 11221 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Awesomeness!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I continuously find it amazing that there is so much diversity in "Best in their business" members here

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's awesome.

This place rocks.

-----------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I have learned from ApplianceBrad also. I think the willingness of all the members here to help others within their expertise is what makes this forum so damn awesome!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4829 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I too have benefited from Brad.

We are fortunate to have members here like Brad, who can help us with just about everything imaginable.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
I always try to read the "paging Appliance Brad" posts. Always learn something.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am fortunate to have Brad as a neighbor and fellow firefighter and have also benefited from his generosity

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
Brad helped me save my washer and dryer a few years back. Both still running strong today!

Thanks Brad!

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Brad has helped me a couple times with parts. He is top drawer.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post