SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need thoughts and prayers guys... local officer and friend was just shot.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need thoughts and prayers guys... local officer and friend was just shot. Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
More prayers sent for a complete recovery and apprehension of the SOB(s) who did this.

The SOB is dead.

"Responding officers discovered both men inside the vehicle. O'Connor was shot once in the head. Klahs was also found suffering from a gunshot wound, which police believe was self-inflicted.

O'Connor and Klahs were taken to St. Anthony's Medical Center, and O'Connor was out of surgery and stable as of 6:30 p.m., but remained in critical condition.

Authorities announced Klahs died from his wounds sometime before 5 p.m."

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Arnold police officer in critical but stable condition with 'long road to recovery' ahead

http://www.stltoday.com/news/l...58-2ce0e129e777.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
From what I understand the neurosurgeon they brought worked miracles. Looks like he has a chance of making it.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Great news. Prayers for strength for him and his family.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
War Damn Eagle!
Picture of Snake207
posted Hide Post
Prayers on the way.

Posts: 12540 | Location: Realville | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
That is great news. One tiny step at a time.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Continuing prayers for Officer O'Connor as he works through his recovery and convalescence. I pray that his recovery will be complete and that he will share many happy years with both family and friends.

Thanks also for skilled surgeons in times like this to aid in the effort!

Rest well and gain strength Officer O'Connor, while a higher power heals you!

Don

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for a speedy and excellent recovery. Take it easy Kev.

Posts: 4043 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
ARNOLD • Wounded Officer Ryan O'Connor is undergoing another surgery in an attempt to "save his life," according to the Arnold police Facebook page.

At about 1 p.m., the department posted a short update about the 44-year-old's condition, saying "We are praying and would like for you to do so as well."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/l...0B89BC16A7DF9646B9B6

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
very sad news - I know he won't have a 'full' recovery with a traumatic head injury like that but I send my best wishes for a speedy recovery so he can get back to his family

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about that. Prayers sent for everyone involved.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
From what I understand the neurosurgeon they brought worked miracles. Looks like he has a chance of making it.

Really really great news!

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnnyD
posted Hide Post
Lord have mercy on him and his family.
Praying for them.

-----------------------------------

USAF/ANG Retired

Posts: 782 | Location: Garland, (Zombieland) TX. | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
A question for Kevin: I see that a GoFundMe account has been initiated for the officer. If I am not mistaken, GoFundMe siphons off a percentage.

Do you know if there is a direct way to contribute? I am sure that no matter what the outcome of the surgery, the officer's family will have needs.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30645 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lifting all

"220ST (The Man) ROCKS"

Posts: 1853 | Location: in the mitt down the river | Registered: August 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent Kevin, hope he recovers fuñly.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12106 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post