SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need thoughts and prayers guys... local officer and friend was just shot.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need thoughts and prayers guys... local officer and friend was just shot. Login/Join 
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for the officers speedy & complete recovery.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Frown
No words. Plenty of thoughts and prayers w/ family in mind.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Good sign he made it through surgery and was reported in stable cond.

Prayers for him and his family.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19173 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Bullet entered the left rear of head, and is lodged in front right forehead.

There have some insanely positive reports he will pull through.

I hope for the sake of his wife and 4 children he will... I won't mince words though... it does not look good.

I hope I am wrong.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:

I hope for the sake of his wife and 4 children he will... I won't mince words though... it does not look good.

I hope I am wrong.

The next couple days will tell. The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq have drastically advanced emergency medical and surgical procedures. I have heard there are some positive indicators too.

This incident and situation reminds me all too much of St. Louis City Police Officer Robert Stanze and St. Louis County Police Officer Joann Liscombe.

Prayers sent for the officer and his family.

Posts: 3934 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pursuing the wicked
Picture of rangemaster
posted Hide Post
Prayers for brother O’Connor.

This is a sad reminder to do thorough pat downs boys. Don’t hesitate to grab a bandits junk to ensure there are no weapons! Lost two Troopers here under similar circumstances.

Posts: 1621 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Add my prayers as well.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope I am wrong.

Kevin just keep him in your prayers. We have Deputy Nick Tullier down here in Baton Rouge that should have never made it to the hospital after taking a few rounds like a 5.56 to the head and others. Nick is still going with a lot of prayers and great Doctors and staff.
His parents are life long friends of my girlfriend.
Good Nick Tullier and you'll see what he's going through

Still praying for your buddy

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I hope I am wrong.

Kevin, I hope you're wrong too...
Keeping my fingers crossed that he comes out of this OK.

You and your brothers need anything, let us know.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Prayers, prayers,prayers......this is so sad...

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Kevin, praying for your friend, his family and all of you.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Done.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
What CPD SIG said...

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
More prayers added to the chain. And a hard reminder to remind M-11 Jr to never get complacent.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your friend and his family!

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
More prayers sent for a complete recovery and apprehension of the SOB(s) who did this.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Prayers up, Kevin.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Checking back in. Glad to hear he made it through surgery.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12774 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post