SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need reverse osmosis info
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need reverse osmosis info Login/Join 
Picture of 9mmnut
posted
Time to replace my present unit and need some advice from the pros. My old reverse osmosis unit is from sears, just a plain 3 stage unit. We live in the country so we have our own well. I have an iron removal unit and a water softener unit in front of the RO unit. Am considering a RO with UV. What do you recommend.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
I recently replaced my old RO unit with this one and it is fantastic. The 6th stage adds some minerals back and really improves the taste.

iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage Under-Sink Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System with Alkaline Remineralization Filter - 75 GPD

Here is the version with the UV in you need that...

iSpring RCC7AK-UV 7-Stage Under-Sink Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Filtration System with Alkaline Remineralization Filter and UV Sterilizer - 75 GPD

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I decided on the RCC7AK-UV unit. It is installed and works great. Don't know what to do with the old unit. Just needs new filters and good as new. Only reason I replaced it was for the UV and now I find I could have added the UV to my old unit. Oh well I am happy with the new unit. Am considering placing the storage tank in a small freezer (about 50 degrees) in the basement so I will have cold water instantly. Thanks LBTRS.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post