SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    pics before cellphones
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

pics before cellphones Login/Join 
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I used to shoot a rolleflex 35mm that my grandfather gave to me. had a Match needle light meter built in.. it was great. I shot hundreds of pictures. I used to even shoot slide shows at Camp and develop the E46 slides in the bathroom sink .
I have heard there are more pictures taken in one day on iphones than all the pictures total before color film.

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I got a little 110(?) camera in the 6th grade and started taking it with me on Boy Scout and 4-H trips. I was one of the few taking pictures then. I was on the cheer squad in college and often took its successor to games and on trips. The pictures generally weren't very good on the quality scale but they helped preserve a lot of good memories and some great laughs (if you remember clothes from the 70s, you'll know what I mean).

Thirty years later, I scanned many of those old pics and shared them with friends on FB. It was a lot of fun remembering those times with old friends. Most had no memory of me taking them and relatively few others had any similar pics of their own so they were greatly appreciated.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2104 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
It was kind of frightening and hard to stay still when the flash powder went off.
By then the photo was made.

flashguy

No.. the exposer times for the emulsion on those glass plates was very long. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
It was kind of frightening and hard to stay still when the flash powder went off.
By then the photo was made.

flashguy

No.. the exposer times for the emulsion on those glass plates was very long. Wink
Supposedly the purpose of the flash powder was to reduce those times.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Always had a camera nearby. I kept a disposable in my gear bag when I was still out in the street and had one in the glovebox just in case. Then the point and shoot digital came along. But I only succumbed to the smartphone about 18 months ago. Still has my old "dumb phone".

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post