SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Armed robbery suspects chooses poorly and gets himself killed.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armed robbery suspects chooses poorly and gets himself killed. Login/Join 
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted
WEST JORDAN — One person is dead after an officer-involved shooting that police say stemmed from an armed robbery late Monday afternoon.

The shooting occurred near the intersection of 6200 South and 4000 West after the individual took off in a K-9 police vehicle following a confrontation with a K-9 officer, according to West Jordan Police Sgt. J.C. Holt.

Earlier Monday afternoon, officers were dispatched to an armed robbery at a 7-Eleven located at 6215 S. Dixie Drive. A K-9 officer who was nearby responded to the area where he witnessed the suspected robber flee the scene, Holt said.

When the officer attempted to stop the individual, an altercation between them ensued which ended in the individual gaining control of the officer’s patrol vehicle, taking off in it and hitting two civilian vehicles in the process, Holt said.

The individual was then confronted by two additional officers about a half block down the road and shots were fired when the suspected robber displayed a handgun, Holt said.

The individual was pronounced dead at the scene and had not been identified by officials as of Monday evening.

The Unified Police Department will be the protocol investigating agency into the shooting

There is a second video of suspect taking off in police truck and the shooting seconds later.

https://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&s...oting-in-west-jordan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gw3971,

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Dang. I was hoping it was another armed citizen who took him down. Ah well. All's well that ends well.

Oh yeah, and an officer getting his patrol vehicle stolen...not good. He ain't gonna live that down any time soon.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:....The individual was then confronted by two additional officers about a half block down the road and shots were fired when the suspected robber displayed a handgun, Holt said.

The individual was pronounced dead at the scene...

Attn would-be theives, what can you learn from this story?

(Sidenote. If this was Baltimore or St Louis, the officers would be in trouble.)

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Well, he won’t make that mistake again...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Never "hop in the whip!" Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Did they shoot at a moving vehicle, or did I see this wrong?

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Troll
posted Hide Post
radioman,

Yes, I would think they did shoot at the whip, accurately it would seem...good for them.

Someone asked:
"Attn would-be theives, what can you learn from this story?"

That questions criminals read this site, which further assumes they can read...

Posts: 261 | Registered: May 02, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Strambo:
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

Never "hop in the whip!" Wink

Heard that and wondered about it. What's the whip reference?

Posts: 15029 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
hop in the whip!

Hop in the whip

This means to get or hop into a car or vehicle

Yo dawg, lets hop in da whip, go to the mall.

#hop#car hop#whip#whipping#getting in car

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
I don't care about the dirtbag. Tell me the dog is OK.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just realized he literally “ghost rided the whip” https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xLvlGVNInw4

Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
Did they shoot at a moving vehicle, or did I see this wrong?
Sounded like they did.

Hopefully they release some dash cam or body cam footage as whip boys coverage was from a distance.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
I don't care about the dirtbag. Tell me the dog is OK.

From the news lady at the link, neither the officer nor the K9 were injured.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Glad the good guys and dog are ok

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I have to wonder what the driver of the silver pickup was thinking. It looks like he tried to go around the police vehicles, the shooting started, then he backed up, turned around and got out of dodge.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post