New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oil seepage Login/Join 
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted
Took my 2015 Nissan Frontier in for the 40,000 mile oil change. The dealer said I have just a tiny bit of oil seepage (spelling?).

They are unsure where it would be coming from unless I took it in for Matenince

Anyone have an idea what this issue is?

I have the 4.0 L V6

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
That would seem a little stupid to say there is seepage, but we can't find it UNLESS you bring it in for maintenance, ESPECIALLY since it is out of warranty!

I have a 2005 and it doesn't leak a drop with 45000 miles on it. I would drive it and look for leaks where you park, and if I don't see any, then it is a minor issue that they want to make bank on, or it doesn't exist.

Don't trust a dealership once you are out of warranty.

Posts: 1553 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That aint "seepage" it's a fresh coat of rust preventative. See, made it all better now.

BTW, the origin of this was a Deusenberg model J Town Car that Jay Leno found that had been parked in a garage for about 50 years. The frame and springs had been so thoroughly coated with oil from the engine and pressure fed chassis oiling system that the frame and springs were as sound as when it rolled out of the factory.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5642 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post