SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!? Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KMitch200:
All this blathering by West means is that he is a marketing genius...just like his no talent wife. He has gotten more free publicity over the last week than if he made the biggest rapcrap album of all time.

I still don’t get all the hate towards the guy. Yes, he’s a goof ball (people say the same about Trump). He’s a main stream star that has the balls to embrace the President. If he turns and starts shit talking him, then yeah, hate on him.

Donald is a marketing genius as well, so they’re a good pair. People shit talk Trump because of it, and you’re doing the same to Kanye just for the fact you don’t like him.

I don’t see him changing because he’s a very passionate about the things he does, music, clothing, in this case, politics.

If you don’t like his music, or don’t get it, fine, but there’s millions of people that do get him and his wife. He’s pretty much the ideal ally to have right now, especially since the Dema are losing their minds.

He and Kim have recently have been working with Trump for prison reform. Trump, being the marketing genius that he is, agreed to release a woman who was in jail for life for a non violent drug offense.

“Kim Kardashian West may be best known for her reality television series or her massively successful fashion and app businesses. But the media-savvy celebrity has her sights focused on a decidedly unsexy topic: prison reform. On Wednesday, she met with senior Trump administration aides about clemency and prison reform. The meeting reportedly included Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law and a senior adviser.

In May, Kardashian West met in the Oval Office with President Donald Trump to press the case of Alice Marie Johnson, who was serving a life sentence in prison since 1997 for a nonviolent drug offense that was a first offense. Kardashian West had learned of Johnson’s situation from an online documentary and had her own lawyers working to get Johnson released. A month later, Trump commuted Johnson’s sentence.”

This is all good stuff...

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
For you guys that are still up in the air about ol’ Kanye, he said this yesterday:

(West): "The problem is illegal guns. Illegal guns are the problem. Not legal guns. We have the right to bear arms."

A dumb blind squirrel even can get a nut every now and then.

You all should show your support and buy his new album Big Grin

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
All this blathering by West means is that he is a marketing genius...just like his no talent wife. He has gotten more free publicity over the last week than if he made the biggest rapcrap album of all time.
If he turns a couple inner city youts away from a D vote, so much the better.
(I'd be thrilled if he just makes them *think* for 15 seconds a day)
I couldn't care less about West and think this stunt will be short lived but it is fun to see the publicity wing of the Dems doing a meltdown on every news channel.

Short lived, you mean like the last two years? He's supported President Trump since day one.

No, I mean the current media obsession with him. He hasn't dominated the news for 2 yrs.
Even the libs might figure out that if they don't feed it, it withers.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
"Blathering"??? He supports Trump, urges other blacks to do so, and he is blathering? Roll Eyes
Attack those who are with us. Good idea.

Point taken, poor choice of words on my part.

Like I said, if he can just make the inner city youts just think for themselves 15 seconds, that's great. Swaying even a small percentage of black votes to R would cripple the Ds.

--------

Posts: 3771 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
quote:
If he turns a couple inner city youts away from a D vote, so much the better.
(I'd be thrilled if he just makes them *think* for 15 seconds a day)
I couldn't care less about West and think this stunt will be short lived but it is fun to see the publicity wing of the Dems doing a meltdown on every news channel.

Short lived, you mean like the last two years? He's supported President Trump since day one.

No, I mean the current media obsession with him. He hasn't dominated the news for 2 yrs.
Even the libs might figure out that if they don't feed it, it withers.

They're in full-blown panic mode and it's awesome to witness.

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Find out what people really want and give it to them.

So, here we are at the juncture of National Inquirer, reality TV, soap opera, pro wrestling, and CNN. It’s all about the eyeballs.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
For many decades, the Democrat Party has gotten 90-95% of the black vote in national and local elections. It is a decisive factor, and consistently exceeds the margin of victory for a winning Democrat candidate.

The Democrats in turn "reward" blacks with welfare programs that have destroyed the black family and kept poor blacks in a state of constant dependency. Blacks like Thomas Sowell have long been on to the cynical game the Democrats play. But Sowell and others like him don't reach the masses of blacks in America. The left doesn't even bother to attack them.

Kanye West does reach those masses. If he managed to cut into the black voting bloc by 25%, it would be an utter disaster for the Democrat Party, especially as Trump's Hispanic support grows. The Democrats are so terrified of that possibility that they have lost self-control, dropped the mask, and all their ugly racism and bigotry are on full display.

Democrats have been complacent for decades that they could keep reeling in gullible blacks. But times change. Kanye West, Jim Brown, Herschel Walker are agents of that change.

The Democrats feel the ground shaking under their feet.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
All this blathering by West means is that he is a marketing genius

I am no Kanye West fan, far from it. But those who are familiar with modern contemporary music know the guy is one of the best selling, most influential music artists in recent memory. I dislike rap very much, but I recognize him as one of the top people in that genre, which has world wide popularity.

His siding with Trump is not an example of "marketing genius" if he is interested in selling more product. He has more than likely alienated a good chunk of his core fan base in the U.S., and I can't imagine conservatives all of a sudden going out and buying his stuff. Imagine a leftist band like R.E.M. or U2 all of a sudden throwing support and praise at George W. Bush back in the day.

He has already lost support of friends in his industry, and he is the crazy, stupid negro in the mainstream media and Hollywood. If you think this is clever marketing, I'd like to see the angle.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
All this blathering by West means is that he is a marketing genius

I am no Kanye West fan, far from it. But those who are familiar with modern contemporary music know the guy is one of the best selling, most influential music artists in recent memory. I dislike rap very much, but I recognize him as one of the top people in that genre, which has world wide popularity.

His siding with Trump is not an example of "marketing genius" if he is interested in selling more product. He has more than likely alienated a good chunk of his core fan base in the U.S., and I can't imagine conservatives all of a sudden going out and buying his stuff. Imagine a leftist band like R.E.M. or U2 all of a sudden throwing support and praise at George W. Bush back in the day.

He has already lost support of friends in his industry, and he is the crazy, stupid negro in the mainstream media and Hollywood. If you think this is clever marketing, I'd like to see the angle.

Think Oscar Wilde:
The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about.
Eyeballs and mentions in the press are King in his industry.

--------

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

It could be all of that......

Or, maybe he just agrees with Trump, which is a win for us. A win that we should accept as a win and refrain from trying to toss a wrench into.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
^^^ This

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

It could be all of that......

Or, maybe he just agrees with Trump, which is a win for us. A win that we should accept as a win and refrain from trying to toss a wrench into.

I agree with this.....he can do a whole lot more in getting Trump and other Republicans the black vote than any of us on this forum. I call that good.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grab SKS,
go innawoods
Picture of mrmoneybags
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:

You all should show your support and buy his new album Big Grin

Nah man, Ye was better.

He's a pretty good artist IMO, and I'm glad to see him take the red pill.

Slight drift, if you don't follow Post Malone, you're supposed to like him now, too.

Posts: 1913 | Location: 42003 | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:

A win that we should accept as a win and refrain from trying to toss a wrench into.

Good job not saying the entire old, and until recently, not-racist cliché "monkey wrench."

DeSantis is still trying to wipe it off his shoe.

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!?

are you talking about when he is on his meds? or off his meds ?
or both?

She married him because of his mental issues,
"those" people are easy to manipulate.

Like him, don't like him , he's your problem

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
I sure don't.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Do we have to 'like' Kanye West? Of course not. But if you don't love the way his comments and behavior have twisted the leftists completely in a knot, then you're missing out on a lot of fun.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
^^^

Nailed it.

Posts: 2927 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
1. I can't begin to imagine how you pronounce his first name, but then again, I don't necessarily give a shit anyhow.

2. He seems to me to be the kind of guy who, if you saw him drowning, you'd throw him an anvil.

I could be wrong, but I'm happy to live with that.

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post