SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So, Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So, Are We Supposed to "Like" Kanye West Now?!? Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107255 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nope.
Someone gets one thing right in his life huh?

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kanye also recently tweeted that Parkland snowflake Emma Gonzales was his hero, so there's that.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he was blathering on TMZ
http://www.tmz.com/

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Anything for attention - I think that sums up his motivations.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You guys think this weirdo is playing with a full deck?

Oabama never called me to apologize

quote:
"You know, he never called me to apologize. The same person who sat down with me and my mom, I think should have communicated with me directly and been like, ‘Yo, Ye, you, you know what it is," West said. "I’m in the room and it was just a joke."

West also insisted he is Obama's favorite artist, and expressed regret that the former president sometimes seemed to favor other musicians.

“I’m your favorite artist," West said in the interview. "You play 'Touch the Sky' at your inauguration, and now, all of a sudden, Kendrick (Lamar) and Jay-Z and all the people you invite to the White House, like, now these your favorite rappers?”

West also stated, "I am the greatest artist of all time." He added that it therefore "makes sense" that Obama would like him, since the former president has "good taste."
Hyperconceited and off his fucking rocker. Any ground you guys think he gained with his support for Trump, he lost it all with this "slavery was a choice" nonsense. After that truly idiotic statement, all those who oppose him for his support of Trump now have the perfect reason to point to what he said and tell all black people "don't listen to this guy because he's crazy, and if you don't believe me, look up what he said about slavery."

I wouldn't accept Kanye West as a political ally any more than I would accept a milk cow as an Uber driver.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I like some of what he is saying but I truly believe he would turn on Trump in a second if it meant more time in the spotlight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I have a friend who is half African American, but based on her posts you'd swear she is first generation slave. This apparently just hit her radar and she freaked out. In her opinion Kanye is a sell-out and a disgrace to his race.

I guess the poor guy just can't win. He should probably just do us all favor and shut the hell up

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Rush touched briefly on West’s “slavery a choice” comment this morning. The key part of his “choice” comment is that he made reference to “400 years of slavery.” Of course, there weren’t 400 years of slavery in the United States. A few minutes of research reveals that the Dutch brought the first slave ships to American shores in 1618 (I think that’s right, I looked yesterday) and of course, the Civil War ended it in 1865.

Rush thinks that what he was saying is that if you still feel enslaved 150 years later—you are making a choice.

It was suggested to Rush by his newsletter editor to feature Kanye West on the cover. Rush says he can’t; they (the forces aligned against him) may well cause him to retract everything he said in the two or three weeks between now and release of the newsletter.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Tell ye what, it's fun watching the Left lose their minds over this. It makes one thing abundantly clear, 150 years later and the Democrats still can't stand to see a black man try and have an opinion different from his "betters."

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, by all means, let's let that windbag imprint his own thoughts on the mindless remarks of this idiot West. It is pure folly to look for meaning or even any kind of cogent thought from babbling of Kanye West, who gives no thought to the shit that comes out of his mouth.

If you were born a slave because your mother and father and their mothers and fathers were born slaves, slavery is damn well not a "choice". There were slave uprisings in this nation. All of these uprisings failed to end slavery.

Now, you want to tell me just how any of that is "choice"?
quote:
Rush thinks that what he was saying is that if you still feel enslaved 150 years later—you are making a choice.
Nope. West alluded to "400 years of slavery", then said that this sounds like a "choice", meaning that if your people are enslaved for that long, then they must want to be enslaved, and that is pure horse shit.
Nice try, Rush, but you're wrong and I think you know you're wrong.

I guess some people can't see it but it's clear as day to me that much of what comes out of Kanye West's mouth is being made up by him (without a single thought about his own words) as the words come out of his mouth. And I do mean the very second, the very instant that the words are coming out of his mouth. It's plain as day to me. He's an idiot with a fluke in his personality that allows him to make music that some people like, but do not doubt for an instant that this guy is a blithering fucking idiot.

And Rush Limbaugh can sit at his microphone all day long and talk about this. It does not matter. The damage is done, boys and girls. No one who is offended by West's remarks about slavery are listening to Rush Limbaugh or anyone else about interpreting those remarks. The damage is done and there's no going back from it, no matter how many conservatives come to West's rescue.

Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
I think ole Kanye West is fixing to make a very hard landing.

He's cuckoo for cocoa puffs crazy.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
I think ole Kanye West is fixing to make a very hard landing.
He won't know the fuckin' difference. He's alone in his own world. Think I'm kidding? I'm not. West will not know the difference.

"Delusional" is the word

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
Kanye West and many other liberal, progressive democrats continuously step on their D*CKS often and hard. I have no love, use, sympathy, respect or concern for this idiot turd.

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Alright...Who will be the craziest in this room?? Razz Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's a coin toss

Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Appears to be some dissension in da hood.

Snoop Dogg lightens Kanye West's skin, calls him 'all white now' in Photoshopped Instagram post

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...-instagram-post.html

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I don't care about Kanye. This is supposedly the video that started this whole thing. Candace Owens, a.k.a Red Pill Black, is the one to focus on. IMO she's got some maturing to do, and I hope she does that quickly and doesn't flame out, but her message is often great:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9t2S0oTtA

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Who?

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Great video Rusbro.

I'd never heard of this Candace Owens but I hope that she keeps this up.

Scream it from the mountaintop girlfriend!

Regarding Kanye? Well, I agree with most of what has been said about him here. But, if what he says begins a movement towards the right, then more power to him.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post